What happened?
The weight loss wasn't as rapid!
I didn't have anything to brag about!
And the bad stuff in my life wasn't so bad anymore, so not so much to whinge about.
So the good and bad evened out.
But it didn't.
The good stuff is far better then the bad stuff.
There isn't much bad, and lots of good. There is no evening out. It is just on its way up!
Good stuff of late:
I ran the Margaret River Fun Run yesterday. For those that don't know, Margaret River is down south of WA. It is a gorgeous country town in the middle of wine country, and a few farms are still there. It is surf land. 10km from the beach. It is a perfect place. Infact, my husband and I love it so much down there, we got married at a winery in Margaret River. So the run was from the town to the river mouth. It also meant a few hills, just for fun!
It was actually quite an easy run. As easy as a run can be. I completed it in 63minutes. I am wrapped. I wanted under 1hour 10mins.
Recovery afterwards was relatively simple, and i have woken up this morning fine. No soreness or tightness and all good!
This shows me I am FIT!
In one month we are going to Bali. I need a new pair of bathers. I would love a pair of bikinis. I have never worn a pair...for reasons we all know! I mentioned to my DH that I would love to one day own a pair and have the confidence to wear them in public. Last night, he said, "I think you should buy a bikini for Bali, you have the body for it!" Holy cow! I have the body for bikinis? Are you serious? I have those flabby bits in my inner thighs that I think YUCK. The bits that rub together, don't let the sunlight in! The bit that chaffes and causes those unsightly red marks. Shorts are required to cover those flabby bits up! I also see loose skin on my belly. My boobs...oh my boobs. Always been massive. Now if I lean over I have the rocks in socks. Still have the size (a little smaller) but have the excess skin, thus the socks are actually tube socks! My boobs shouldn't be in little triangular pieces of cloth! They need support.
But you know what, I am going to go and try some on on Thursday night. DH will come and give comment. He is pretty honest with things like that. Even if I don't believe I have a bikini body, he does tell me if "my bum looks big in this" so I can trust him.
How exciting...going bikini shopping!
I am guessing my body is more toned then I actually see.
More good stuff...our house is on the market. having an auction the weekend before we go to Bali. It is exciting. It is stressful, and we have only just started the process, but we want to build...that is exciting! The house we want to build is just gorgeous! We have a block on a subject to sale offer. So now to sell!!! In the mean time, the house looks great!
Selling means giving up some stuff. Netball. Too far to travel. Step Into Life, south Perth group, my training group. Yes I can go somewhere else. But I love my netball team, i love my trainers! and the people in it! I will try to work something out, but I dare say I will have to find a new team and change Step Into Life groups, and love both!
My work, I am loving at the moment. I normally love my work. I love teaching. I love my class. I go through phases where I am just over it. but at the moment I love it. I always hate the politics of teaching. I hate the administration side of teaching. I hate the other stuff. But I love my kids. My kids are GORGEOUS! I am not looking forward to the end of term as it means my 10 year 7s go to highschool, and i love my year 7s. The year 6s are gorgeous too, and I lose them too. :( One of my year 7s asked me if I could possibly teach EVERY day, not just my two days. The reason being
"When I go home from school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I always go home and talk to mum and dad about what I learnt. I always learn something on your days. I get something out of every lesson."
Firstly, what kind of 12 year old talks like that? Secondly, is that not the BEST compliment a teacher can get? The teacher I have on the other days, is a lovely teacher, she is fun and friendly and the kids love her. So to actually get a compliment like that, WOW! And what a student! She cares about learning. She wants to learn! And what a family! They talk about learning!
Onto weight loss. I am currently at 79.3kg. Hopefully this will come down tonight at weigh in. I am steady at 79. I am close to goal. I am comfortable where I am at, but still determined to get to goal. I know what makes me put on weight. I know what makes me bloated. I know what my body needs/doesn't need and I know my body. I know that my body loves pasta when it is eating it, but I cannot have pasta on a daily basis because my body seems to want to reject it. And I listen to my body. I probably have pasta 2 or 3 times a week now. Before it would be 5 days a week. So yes, I have been at 79 for a while. But it is ok. I have learnt a lot about food, about my body and more importantly, I have learnt to listen to my body. It is the only I am ever gonna have so we need to work together!
I am also noticing that i am really toning up. One day I will think "Gee I have really bad nanna's hangers (tuck shop lady arms)" then a week later, I don't have so much hang! So that is all good too! Slow weight loss, reduces the excess skin. It gives the skin time to adapt. Slow weight loss makes it easier to maintain. If you lose it fast, you can put it back on just as fast.
Slow and steady....truly does win the race!
The race that isn't a race that is! :)
Thank you for posting Kylie, it doesn't worry me how often you do it I just find it so inspiring! I'm so glad that life is on the up and up for you!!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you! I am also a 'sometimes' blogger these days.
ReplyDeleteBuying a bikini means so much. II'm really happy for you that you're at the 'thinking of buying one' stage. Woo hoo!
Good luck on house sale. Isn't it hard work keeping your house all pretty and tidy in case a buyer comes to look?
I could easily picture your M. River run. I'm so glad we went there in July. Congrats on running it in such a good time.
I love the new positive Kylie that has emerged lately!