Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Injured...been one year almost to the day.

I started weight watchers because I kept getting injured when I tried to run or play any sport. The injury took forever to heal because of my weight. During the time of absence from sport, I put on more weight.
I had to sort out the weight issue via an alternative to exercise and joined WW.
Best thing I ever did. I learnt pretty quickly that you get better results when you focus on food as the cause of your weight, and food will help you lose it. And exercise will improve weight loss further, and give you all those wonderful fitness benefits etc...

So anyway, I ran to weigh in last night and I weighed and woohoo! PRO POINTS works! I lost 1.2kg. I haven't lost that much in months! Also meant I dropped into 78kg! After 3 months at being 79.x and maintaining that weight, i finally hit the next mark! YAY on a high! I walked home nice and fast, and went off to netball.

Picture me, flying through the air, with NO ONE around me. My speed, my agility, I had lost my opponent...left her for dead! An easy pass to me. I land. On the side of my foot. oh no, not just the side of my foot...the bone on your ankle took my whole 78.4kg body weight and was squashed into the floor. Immediately I jumped off of that bone (oh my god how did i do that?) and then tried to land on the ball of my foot like I am supposed to! But no...that would be too easy! Instead this time, I land on the inside of my foot...and yep you guessed it, that inside jutting out bone that makes an ankle an ankle...it landed on the floor and took my 78.4kg body weight. Oh my ankle went from one right angle to another right angle.

to say I was in pain is an understatement. And now...still in pain. But better. I have turned to wine. I know, terrible...but it works well with the painkillers! I know, even more terrible!
DH has taken DD to my parents place down south, as we are off to Bali tomorrow night. So I am here alone. Having to walk around, get food, let dog in and out, feed dog, hobble, use crutches, try to carry things with crutches, reverting to semi hopping...there isn't any thing I can do about it...DD has to go down south and DH had to take her. I am just so damn frustrated. And because I can't stand for long, carry much, and can't be bothered...I had a bowl of hot chips for dinner...and icecream, and now onto the wine. A big glass.
Terrible!
But seriously...needed!

My ankle is blue. on the inside, the outside and up the leg. The swelling was the size of softball...bigger then a baseball, but certainly not a basketball! The swelling has gone down...it is not as localised now, it is swelled all over.
It hurts. I am in pain when i put one toe on the ground.

But it could be worse. It could have been 108kg landing on the bone at right angles...I could have been 108kg having to have 2 people carry out to my car. It could be hopping 108kg around and struggling to haul the huge body around.
It could have been much worse.

Now, I am forced to spend my 5 days in Bali by the pool. I don't think I will be losing the weight I lost last time in Bali when I walked everywhere! i am going to rest while i am there. I am going to show off my bikini I bought! I am going to enjoy myself. I am going to hope that my ankle heals quickly...I don't want a trip to dr on my return.

I am going to be thankful that it is what it is...it could be SOOOO much worse. And it has been a year since my last injury. My last exercise stopping injury. That isn't too bad!

I just need to keep reminding myself of that!!!

In the meantime...i need a cuddle! :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how ironic! Hope you have a great holiday and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to wish you and your family a safe and happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

    How is your ankle doing?

    ReplyDelete