Sunday, May 22, 2011

14km Fun Run

I completed the Perth HBF 14k fun run today. WOW! A great event with a supportive crowd...some organisational mishaps, particularly trains running 20 minutes behind and buses not being efficient enough to take us all to the event...
but over all a great event!

I was hoping to run the majority of the run....it was a reasonably flat course, and whilst I hadn't ran over 5km this year, last week I went on an 11km run with hills, and only had to walk a very short time due to sand, and had to stop twice for a stretch...so was hoping to run most...maybe 12km...

Well, sometimes you can just surprise yourself when you push yourself! I ran the whole 14km and the last 300m I really ran...I would say sprint...but others would say slightly faster then a shuffle! But my shuffle over took about 10 people, so I was really happy!

My knees absolutely killed...still do. I think I have well and truly done over the kms my shoes should do! New shoes on the horizon!
some deep heat before bed tonight.
And need to stay warm...it is getting cold lately and my muscles are feeling it! So must stay warm!

I got a little bit of chaffing  right up the top of my inner thigh where the seam to my skins were. never had that happen before. I so hope the redness is gone by tomorrow! I have bootcamp!

I don't have my official time as yet but I came in under 1 hour 40 and I think I am expecting a time around 1 hour 33mins. I am really happy with coming in under 1 hour 40mins. It shows that whilst I haven't bee training like I was, I am still fit. I have picked up my fitness to what it was, and I can do it!

I haven't weighed myself for a week, but I am pretty sure I am staying around 82kg...looking forward to heading back down to the 70s!!!

For now...rest, relax, recover!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you did an awesome job. I still haven't started running yet, mostly due to renovations and time commitments. But I am doing more workouts. You are a true inspiration!
    LOve Adalita

    ReplyDelete