Sunday, May 15, 2011

A New Start

Bootcamp. I thought I would be dead after it. I thought I would be dead during it. Especially when my fitness has dropped off so much...trying to exercise on your own is very similar to trying to follow an eating program on your own. Nobody there to challenge you, push you, be accountable to. It is hard. It is easy to say "I'm too tired, too cold, too cosy, too busy, too busy watching tv, too I can't be bothered (yes we even admit it to ourselves when we know we should!) too it is too dark outside, too late, too early, too windy, too...." gee think of the excuse and without a partner or a group to push me, I will come up with an excuse! 
In saying that, I always manage to get out and do a run/walk at least twice a week...but a lot different to what I used to do!
So in comes Boot camp!
It was pretty easy. I put this down to a few things...
1. whilst I am unfit, there are people who are more so then me and the majority of the group of 20 were in that group, not my group!
2. The trainer didn't know me, didn't know how much to push me...and without being pushed, i wont push myself! No...i did push myself against the girl who was probably fitter me...i kept up with all running with her, and everything, but then, can i do more then that?
3. It was the first session he was going easy on us??!
Whilst bootcamp was easy...when I woke up last tuesday morning, ouch. i was sore! Wednesday I was still sore!!! I hadn't used my arm muscles in a long time, even my tummy muscles had been been limited to exercise. So I obviously got a work out!

So doing bootcamp did kick me into gear. I enjoyed it, and I went out did my own exercise during the week. I ran my 2.5km route and equalled my best time of 11m:28s. I walked/jogged the dog twice. And yesterday I did an 11km run, with hills! My legs hurt afterwards...my knees...I am getting old! Or trying to exercise when I was fat really did some damage! I would say that is it! I have a 14km fun run on sunday, the first one for the year for me...that is pretty slack of me...I have missed 4 fun runs already. 

so bootcamp was the burst I needed. the new start. the kicking me into gear to do more exercise. And best of all, doing the exercise is making me watch my food intake. I don't want to eat too much/eat crap/drink lots if I am doing all this work exercising. what a waste it would be. So it is working! I am not counting points, but i have been very conscious of what I am eating. 

After putting on 6kg in 5 weeks, I lost 1kg this week. So 5 to go to get back to my lightest...and 3 more to go to get back into the 70s. damn i never thought I would go back in the 80s!

Another thing I am looking forward to is boxing. I got a scoopoun for $19 for a 10 week boxing circuit program. $1.90 a session. I got 2 lots, one for me and one for my hubby. I cannot wait! It sounds harder then bootcamp! 

I am also starting netball again next week. New team as we have moved...it is 5 a side and mixed and it is HARD. I will be playing mainly Centre so I am wrapped. fitness will be back to where it was! :)

I am also going to start incorporating our build into my blog. We are still waiting for titles on our land, but it is coming along and I will have photos and other stuff! 

:) New start going well :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds awesome I'm glad you enjoyed it - I find I don't push myself as much as I should. It sounds like you are on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WElcome back, I'll be waiting for updates with anticipation as I always get inspiration from them!

    ReplyDelete