Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sick girl...bad splurge, but surprisingly still doing it!

DD had NO sleep last night. Which meant mum and dad had NO SLEEP last night.
Woke up to a snoring girl in my bed who couldn't breathe...then suddenly she woke up with a blood nose.

Her breathing was just horrid.
So took her to the Dr. who said she had something stuck up her nose, a blue thing, and it was restricting her breathing. Told to take her to emergency at the hospital. Kept trying to ask her what she put up there, but she said nothing was up there. hmmm...

went to emergency and they were brilliant. but nobody could see what this blue thing was, couldn't see anything. had xrays...nothing. But her breathing was terrible. Had ventolin and atrovent and breathing better. 3 hours in there for observation, a white sullen out of breathe child clinging to her mummy became rosey cheeked, excited and couldn't stop talking...to absolutely out of it and fell asleep in my arms.

It was a precious moment.

Sucker mum then went and bought her a mermaid dress and a new barbie movie. Well, she is sick!!!

We also had donuts, coffee and then my food plan for the night, lamb shanks went out the door because it was too late to put them on. So we had gnocchi instead. I didn't realise the points on gnocchi!

So my perfectly planned points for the day, ended up being 46! WOW!
I was supposed to go to a class and a get a weights program done, which i couldn't do with DD there, and i had to be there for her. But i went to combat tonight. I am unco with the moves, but I don't find it hard, even though i do it high intensity. Whereas Kimax (boxing) was bloody hard and i could NOT do it high intensity the whole time.
Anyway, I only put a value of 3 points in for exercise.
So even with a huge 47 points, I still was nowhere near my 49  points for the week. Wrapped! Because I was sticking to the points, planned, I was able to keep a lot of extras up and I did well.
Did I lose weight? The gnocchi i can still feel in belly says no. but it isn't about that. It is about being back on track, having my reason for it.

And now, it looks like my girl has asthma. So I think it is really important that as an asthmatic, i show her that we can still do exercise. I don't use asthma as an excuse to not walk, not run...and neither will she. she can't! She needs to know that we have to know our asthma triggers and avoid them...so for me an over indulgence on dairy (cheese and thickshakes!) is a no go. And of course that helps with the weight! So her having asthma means I have to be an even better role model for her!

today was pretty emotional for me. I nearly didn't go to combat, i was buggered. I ate donuts, and I nearly pulled the plug. But I came out of it alive, I did it, and although I already know how much I love my little princess, gees today really bought it home for me. The times I just think "Aaargh, you are driving me crazy....if i hear the word Mummy, one more time I will scream "etc...today just let me know how lucky I am that I have her to drive me crazy, and Mummy is a nice word...especially when she searches for my hand to hold when she is scared!
I love you my fairy princess!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you lttle one feels better. A mermaid dress and Barbie will instantly make any little girl feel better.

    I also have asthma. (only diagnosed this year). I have exercised induced asthma and carry a preventer with me everywhere I go to exercise - it helps.

    ReplyDelete