Well, last night I decided to do the whole dinner spread thing. DH finished painting the dining room (and no paint smell) and it looks fantastic! A green feature wall with a soft mushroomy colour on the others. We have jarrah floorboards, a jarrah table and the same green placements, so all looks gorgeous!
So we had tacos so everything spread on the table, and we turned the lights off and had candles on.
It was beautiful! DD loved it because she knew she was able to blow the candles out when we finished eating, and DH stayed in the dining room until we had all finished, not just when he had finished. Normally he rushes out to get the dishes done, but I think it is nice to stay for the last person to finish, which I always do!
Yesterday also saw me do Kickboxing in the morning. Mornings are a real killer on the asthma but I did really well. Slowed down the pace to normal so I wouldn't get dizzy, but my partner was excellent and still pushed me! We were always the first pair finished (not that finish means finish...it means fast punches until everyone catches up) and we really pushed the muscles, especially in the ab workout.
DH, DD and I then all headed off to the zoo.Walked around, took DD on the carousel...onto the black horse which is her favourite! We had a great time! I love the zoo! DH even bought something at the shop for DD...doesn't happen very often. Each time we go we are going to get 2 zoo letters of her name and put on her door. Not too long a name, but gives us a reason to keep going back! :)
Today I went for a run. Knee and achilles are doing so well with my new shoes. I did the freeway (or highway...i can't remember) to 10k, week 5...which consists of 6 x 7min runs with 1 minute intervals. I did really well because I did the hill route I often take, but haven't in a long time due to the knee and achilles. NO PAIN so really happy! And can now really start the training for the city to surf.
We then took DD for a bike ride. The actual ride was only about 20 minutes...and my legs felt all 20 minutes of it! But we actually spent about 2 hours out as we went to 2 playgrounds on the ride.
I am quite surprised how much time DH is spending with us! He actually wants to be around us, doesn't grizzle that he is spending family time with us, and he enjoys it! with no more study, and a job that doesn't require out of hours work, he must be bored! LOL
today i noticed that his patience is worse then mine though. I normally lose the plot with DD by the afternoon, after spending all day with her and her moods...2 1/2 years of age...you know what I mean! He only spent about 2 hours with her today by himself, while I did some much needed work for school...and the plot was lost about 5 times! Glad it isn't just me!
I also took the dog for a 20 minute walk today...nice to finish the afternoon off getting out. I spent way too long marking...and I have to spend a bit of work tonight organising a program. Tomorrow I will spending time on planning lessons. So busy busy busy! So I really wanted that extra time for me.
Had a yummy dinner of satay beef with lots of vegies and a little rice. I am now right on my points allocation, without going into my exercise points. The past 3 days I have been slightly over my points, but have had the exercise points to allow for it. So I really wanted to stick to points today.
Scales are not being as kind as I thought they would be. I have really done well this week with exercise (I am doing it!) and not snacking or shoving chocolate down my throat. I really thought a +1kg loss would be well and truly achievable. But I think maybe a 200g loss is probably more likely! A loss is a loss, I know I know...BUT!
On a final note...I cannot wait until FRIDAY! I get to meet Deb, from Diminishing Deb. I am so excited to meet a fellow WW! Meeting at a shopping mall, so maybe throw in a bit of shopping and of course coffee! I hope she loves Perth! We are having REALLY cold weather Deb, so I hope you have some warm clothes to wear...and considering you are coming from Singapore...it will be twice as bad for you! thankfully we are having some really beautiful sunny days...so hopefully you will get to enjoy the river a bit while you are here! :) I am so looking forward to Friday! :)
Hope everyone is tracking, exercising, and being good to themselves!
:)
Believe me cool, non-sticky weather will be most welcome!! Anything in the 10-20 degree range will be a nice change. I'm seriously looking forward to meeting you in person. I want to walk along the river awhile we're in Perth and enjoy not sweating within the first 10 metres.
ReplyDeleteYour dining room sounds gorgeous! Bring me a photo on your camera?
See you soon...
Yay - I can comment on blogs tonight. Maybe you will be able to access mine too!
ReplyDeletenope...still can't post. When I try to put in the password, I can't click on it. The flashing line just wont appear :(
ReplyDeleteIt is certainly below 20 degrees, and nights are about 2 degrees. Rug up! It is expected to be sunny all week so you will definitely get some nice walks in!
Will try to take a photo of the dining room, but it is only small so angle will be tight! Will also be on the phone camera...so never as good!
I forgot to mention on email that you are also pretty much in the heart of Perth where you are staying...so you have shops galore to explore in the city! Lucky you! :)
I just tried to post on my blog and couldn't either. But, when I clicked on an actual posting title, I was able to comment. Can you try that later for me?? IF you still can't, I'll have to do something about it - but not sure what??
ReplyDeleteHi Kylie, sounds like everything is going well! Your dining room sounds great and I'm stoked to hear your man is taking part in family life again! xx
ReplyDeletePS - Can you give Deb a hug from me? And Deb can you give Kylie one from me too? :-)
ReplyDeletenope sorry Deb, still wont work! everyone else seems to be able to post!
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea...will make sure there are plenty of hugs! :)