Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another dent

Yes, another dent, and by the same person.

This one is a big one.
Apparently becoming skinny is just too expensive so i have to give up either WW or exercise. He wants to buy a shed, and some clothes, so I have to give up one of them.

The two together cost $140 a month.

now you need to know a little about me, to know why I am absolutely pee'd at this, apart from the obvious.

I am not a girly girl. I don't wear a lot of makeup, i don't use expensive face products (nivea is about as expensive as I go), I don't do manicures/pedicures and I have 1 necklace I wear, never take off and same with pair of earrings. so i don't go out and buy jewellery or accessories. I bought my first handbag ever in bali last month. I normally just wait for my sister to buy me a little market bag. perfect for my wallet and phone. no make up goes in there as i don't wear it!
In one year, i probably spend $50 in makeup/moisturiser (face and body) and face cleanser. Now that is nothing.
I should use seritide (asthma stuff) twice a day, but at $30 for 25 days, it is expensive, so i don't. I barely use it. Now I am fitter and healthier, I have discovered my asthma is really improving and I don't need it so much anyway. before i needed it, i just didn't use it or buy it and suffered majorly.
I used to get sever eczema too, and should have gone to a dermatologist about it, as it gets quite bad, but never did and suffered majorly. I haven't had it for 4 months...since i dropped weight.

So $140 a month, for an incredibly low maintenance girl, isn't a lot of money.

Now, him. he drinks at least 2 cartons of beer ($80) in a month, but more likely 3. and I will be conservative and say he drinks 6 bottles of wine a month, but it is more likely 8 - 10. Last night and tonight he has had 6 beers and 4 wines.
I have not had a drink since Good Friday.
I used to drink, and I used to drink a lot. Just as much as him. Now in a month, I would drink 4 beers (1 per week) and almost 1 bottle of wine.  So maybe $20 a month in alcohol. But it wouldn't be that much.

so what is he giving up for his shed and his clothes? hmmm...well...take a guess.

So why does he want me to stay fat? I think it was Deb said a lot of women get their power when they lose weight, and men feel threatened that they might leave. Well, when he is acting like a total tool, I ask, why wouldn't I leave? There is only one reason I would leave this man...because i didn't love him. that isn't going to change whether i am skinny or fat.
He sees skinny as costing money, but being obese as costing less??? How can that be? Does he not read the paper? Yesterday there was a big article about Obesity taking over smoking as the highest preventative killer.
So he either doesn't care if i get diabetes (can't imagine the costs involved in that one), doesn't care if my asthma returns, doesn't care if my skin makes me itch and starts to fall off...or he doesn't care that I could die early and he be a single parent???
Or was/is he as blind as I was, and not see me as obese?
And Yes, I am obese still. I have a BMI of 31. Still obese. Oh how i can't wait until i am overweight!
And I know BMI is not the be all and end all, infact the Aust Govt prefers the measurement of your weight. Well, my waist measurement is 96cm, which puts in morbidly obese. So take your pick!

I tell a lie...i said there was only one reason i would leave him...no...there is another. not being loved. I am sick of being a nothing, a nobody, somebody who means nothing and is of zero importance in his life. I don't understand why he stays with me when I am nothing to him. I deserve to be a somebody. And to talk to him about this...well...i would love too, but you only listen to somebodies...and obviously...he wont do that.

So yes a bloody big dent. Only I can fix it. I know I need to talk to him...but the fear of being totally ignored (as with every other time i try to talk to him) is greater and it is easier to stay silent. Someone also suggested i leave my blog open for him to read, but he doesn't look at my computer. he doesn't show an interest in anything i do. He never asks if I have lost weight, but asks about my WW friend, who he has met once and very briefly.
i think now, this has overstepped everything. the absolute ignorance to my health. this isn't fair.
so now I have to get the balls to fix it. and as far as i am concerned there is only one way...but how do i start going about that?! It is just so hard, and with a 2 year old, no family that live near me and those that do aren't supportive...my god, it would turn her life upside down...that is tough.

I am sure I will never get the guts to leave. Is he physically abusive? No. Is he mentally abusive? Well, no, he doesn't talk to me...so i guess by ignoring me yes, but he doesn't put me down, call me names, yell and scream etc. Is he a good father? yes (not in her first year but i have to move on from that). Is he a hardworker? yes. Does he provide? yes. Do I love him? yes. but for how much longer???
We live side by side. that is all. 


This is of course me rambling...it is part of my life which probably should never be aired in public, but I have to get it out somewhere. I treat my blog as my diary. Knowing people read, and comment, but when I write I rarely take that into account. I feel it is my own little world when I write. So sorry for the ramblings, sorry for the sad sack I am tonight. the normally positive person...well...lets face it...most of us who are at WW are positive on the outside aren't we?!

I must fix this dent, I must lift my spirits. I must move on emotionally. I must put on my positive face.
just when...

8 comments:

  1. One reply to him could be:
    "OK, I'll give up the gym and exercise on my own, if you give up the beer to pay for the marriage counseling sessions that we so obviously need."
    It is typical human behavior not to notice what isn't being spent on make-up, asthma meds etc. Make a detailed list of what IS being spent, and email it to him, asking where else things could be cut back.
    I feel like I'm over-stepping the boundaries here saying any of this. I'm just glad you write it all here since you're not saying it to him. Huge ((hugs)) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. You poor thing. Crack open an Excel spreadsheet and LIST all of the things that you are both spending $$ on. Make a colum fo rht ethings you should also be spending $$ on, that you are not. Fact not emotion. And then say NO, I am NOT giving up on WW or exercise.

    That is just the tip of the iceberg here, I know.

    Maintain YOUR momentum. If he chooses to catch up, good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are incredibly brave blogging this here and I have a saying when facing tough decision 'Whatever you decide will be the right decision, even though it might not seem like it at the time, because you will make it work for you, that's how the world works'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its never easy feeling unloved and ignored in your own house...especially by the one person that promised not to ever make you feel like that. Making tough decisions is hard at first but eventually it gets easier. Over time you realise you have done the right thing by YOU! When I left my husband...for extremely similar reasons...I used to lay awake night after night crying and wondering if I had done the right thing.....Now that I am on my WW journey and learning how to love me...I know I did the right thing.
    I am not telling you what to do ...that would be out of line. All I am saying is it is time to START thinking about you and all the wonderful reasons why YOU need to be happy. Whatever you decide, decide from the gut and know that it is the right decision and will lead to your complete contentment and ultimately the happiness of your child!
    You will have the support...it will come out of the wooodwork, you will find the way....all of a sudden a road opens up...no matter what you decide!!! Big hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve so much more ! Something has to give ! Ask him what he is going to cut back on - stand your ground darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well if he's acting like a tool no wonder he needs a shed!!!

    if i were you i'd slap him and say "cut back on your own expenses if you want something else for you" but then, that's probably why i'm single... :P

    i wanted to say, fight for the things you want and need, and i think you are incredible for looking at the situation and breaking it down and seeing that you really shouldn't have to give up these things. I've so often seen women just give up stuff cause someone told them to, and they don't even look at the whole story.

    Hope everything works out for you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darling Girl, I feel for you ((HUGS))

    Only you can decide what to do in this most difficult situation. I always ask myself (and my clients) two things:
    1. Imagine life at 90 years of age, sitting on the verenda, telling stories to the great grandchildren. What stories would you like to be telling them? What regrets do you have? What are you most proud of?

    2. What advice would you give your daughter/s if they were in the same situation, remembering that we are their role models. We teach our children how to "be" in relationships. We teach them what to tolerate and what not to tolerate. Generally, our children do as we do, not as we say.

    My children were (just) 2 & 3 when I left my husband in January 2001. I had no idea where my courage came from but I did know that it was something I had to do because I was dying from the inside out. We were separated for exactly 12 months and we both learnt a lot during that time. 9 years later, we still have our ups and downs but life is good.

    The magic of relationships is that they are perfect because they are never perfect.

    I'd be happy to help you clarify your thoughts in a coaching session, pro bono. Text me if you're interested - 0407 140 531.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ok? Working stuff out? I keep wondering how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete