Monday, April 19, 2010

a gain.

Well, after a weekend down south with my mum and dad, 1 bottle of wine, and eating the fatty food that my mum cooked...then coffee, coffee, coffee, and a carrot cake, and chips...and you get the idea...i totally deserved a gain.
However, i did go running whilst down there, walking, earning bonus points...as well as during the week, despite being DEAD tired, I don't think I really deserved a 900g gain!
300 - 400g fair enough! but 900g?!!!

So apart from all that stuff up the top...what got me the extra 500g (remember I deserve a 400g gain!)...
hmmm...
I haven't planned my meals.
I have gone over points 4 days. I have gone to 23 points and then went, oh well.
I have stopped weighing food, but guessing how much I am serving myself.
I am organising meals on the run...picking up a cooked chicken and half taking the skin off (but only tracking it as if it had NO skin, and I cooked it myself!)
I am relying on exercise points, instead of eating properly.
I have not eaten all my vegetable serves.
I am not drinking enough water.

so did I deserve a 900g gain? My goodness, how lucky was I that I only gained 900g??? See what happens when you break it all down and take a step back to see what you did wrong???
So I wont beat myself up because I did all those things wrong.
Instead, I change them, I learn from them. I used to do them...i lost weight. I stopped doing them, I am gaining or staying the same or losing very small amounts. I need to go back to basics.

So this week, simple goals!

And I am going to sign up for the 7km RUN for mothers day classic. No "what if?". I will train. I will get there. So what if i have to walk a bit? But 3km is too easy...and walking...i am no longer a walker. I am a runner! I can do it! I can rest. It wont kill me to walk.

Good loss next week!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just wanted to say that you're sounding a lot more positive in this blog ;-) Despite your gain - I did the same last week for the same reasons but have a feeling that I'm going to do it again this week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Hope you're getting through your days ok. That level of exhaustion is so hard to deal with.
    Haven't been online much lately, but am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete