Friday, June 25, 2010

Fitness Test Results

I did it. And I did well!
                                April                        June
3km Run                  17mins 40 secs        17 mins 14 secs
90 sec sprint laps     16                           16 (but with a few seconds to spare)
Squats 5kg weights   74                           79
Sit ups                      60 (i think)              70
Shoulder Press 3kg   81                           89
Toe push ups             35                           50
THE PLANK           2 mins 10 secs          2 mins 20 secs

This is from what I remember...a few might be wrong but bloody close!

I am disappointed in my run. Although I know I came in faster, in 2 months I thought I would take more then 26seconds off. And I had to walk some because my knee and my asthma were killing me.
In 2 months time I would like to be closer to 16mins and 30secs.
I am also a little disappointed with the plank. I should have done better but I will blame the shoulder for that one! It was the last thing we did and after push ups and shoulder press, my arms were dead but my shoulder, i could really feel it! and it just hurt doing the plank!

I am over the moon with my push ups. In February I couldn't do ANY toe push ups. Now 50! Woo hoo!!! :)
Next time my main goal is probably to improve my run as mentioned, and get to 17 on the 90sec sprint laps. For those, we have 90secs to see how many laps we can do of about 10 or 15 metres. It is really hard!
I would really like to have a go at the beep test. see how i would do in that. I think ok!

But for now, I am really happy i didn't wimp out of the test. I am more then happy I had improvements in all areas. AND I am off to watch The A Team tonight.
So since I am having a latish night, better have a nanna nap to rejuvenate me for later! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I hope you are walking around full of pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!

    I am looking forward to revisiting my fitness test details next term.....20 July....

    You are doing brilliantly....don;t be disappointed in that plank duration: that time shows MAJOR core strength!

    (And this blog makeover: oh my: beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a LOT of improvements. It's so good to have various forms of proof that you are losing weight and getting fitter. I know you will continue to improve - you are so driven!!

    ReplyDelete