Well, the Perth City to Surf 2010 12km run was on today, and yes, with 40,000 other people, I went down to the Perth foreshore to start the race!
My plan of attack:
-Run 5km, walk 100m, run 4km, walk 200m, run 3km (just under) to the finish line.
-Run in the middle of the road, where the dotted lines are as there isn't a slope like there is at the edge of the road. Hopefully this will help prevent soreness!
-Enjoy the moment and be proud. Look where I was last year!!!
So...this is what I actually did.
-Ran in the middle of the road, away from any slopes and minimised soreness, however my knee is still sore, along with the heal but I kinda think because they aren't 100% this was going to be worse .
-I loved the whole moment! Well, hills blah...but it was great! They do need to do a lot better in the organisation of things however...A "C" runner is supposed to start 15 minutes before the walkers...but many walkers started with the As. And prams were supposed to be the last to start, yet at the starting line for the C group, i was surrounded by prams!
-I RAN 12KM STRAIGHT!
Can you believe that?
So where was I same time last year?
-108kg
-Attempting to run, could run 100m.
-Prior to the funrun, I Injured my calf in one of my 100m runs, also battered my ankle. Can no longer run 100m.
-I was wearing size 20 track pants and a mans XL shirt, to cover the fact that my track pants were too tight!
-I was wearing 20E bra, with a crop top on top and I had lots of fat rolls because the bra was too small!
-I chaffed. OMG did I chaff. In every single spot you could chaff, I chaffed! Eczema flared up during the run as well, and last for weeks!
-Severely asthmatic
TODAY
-I can run 12km straight.
-I wore size 12 lycra type pants which fit!
-My top was a size 16 because I purchased it a while back and it is my event shirt for step into life. It is incredibly big! I need a size 12 now.
-I wore a size 16DD bra. ONE!
-Soreness, but NO INJURIES. Soreness is due to Jacob's Ladder on Wednesday AND my weak bum!
-Absolutely NO CHAFFING! not in between the legs, not under my arms where the "nanna's hangers" rub, not where the bra meets (i got a new bra last night, OMG it is just heaven! I had not bounce whatsoever and the rubbing that always happens at the wires and in the middle, wasn't there! WOW!)
-no eczma (i haven't had it all year!)
-I forgot my asthma medication to take with me. Didn't need it once on the run anyway! :)
So all that would explain why i enjoyed the moment! The finish line was awesome to cross!
Photos to come, official time to come too. I think I came in around 1hr 30mins which is what i wanted!
We bought a camera too...so I will post photo updates soon!
And...DH had graduation last night...I had my new purple dress on, and as we left the hotel he said "you look really nice in that dress". Is that a compliment I hear? But there is more...after a wine at a pub, I felt really quite bloated. I said, "oh dear, this dress isn't very good when you eat/drink the wrong thing" he said "What do you mean?" I said "Well, it shows the belly bulge of the bloating" he replied "But you don't have a belly anymore, so there can't be a bulge!"
OMG! What has happened to my husband?! Photo of the dress to come too! :)
Ahhh. A true before and after, if ever I read one. WELL DONE WELL DONE!
ReplyDeleteAwesome work! I cant wait to see photos!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job - I did the city to surf 12km walk today as well...hopefully next year I can run it as well.
ReplyDeleteWell done that is a great achievement!