DH and I went to Harbour Town in the city today. It is the discount place to shop over here in WA. It isn't very big, and normally I buy sports shoes cos I don't fit into anything else.
But not today.
Today, DH got lots!
And I tried lots too...and got a few things.
Firstly...some sweat bands for my wrists...i need to wipe all the hard work sweat off when I run :)
Running socks. Hopefully they will make me run faster...isn't that why they are running socks?
2 x SIZE 12 New Balance sports tops, for $10 each! BARGAIN! And size 12! How did my boobs ever get into them???
And the BIG ONE! I went to Jeans West to try jeans. After buying size 12 at Target, I thought it would be interesting to see what size I was in the smaller shops. So I picked up the size 14 and 16 jeans to take in to try. I put the 14s on and PERFECT! Great length, great waist comfort, not too low rise (i hate seeing knickers hanging out over jeans!) and just PERFECT so didn't try the 16s. $29.95 too, so bargain, and bought them.
Normal shop, normal size...and still a 14! Over the moon!
Then I got home and retried, as you do. Had a look at the tag...and they aren't a normal size 14.
They are a GIRL'S 14! OMG I am wearing a pair of girls size 14 jeans! I don't think I ever wore a girls size 14 jeans when I was a girl! I only ever remember being a size 14 ladies or higher. And mainly higher! In highschool, size 14 to 16 adult. Primary school, size 14 adult. I had to get highschool skirts for primary school as the junior skirts didn't fit.
Yet now, in my mid 30s, I am fitting into girls clothes...for the FIRST TIME EVER!
WOW!
I also went into a bra shop and got fitted. I have certainly gone down in size A LOT! The lady asked me what size I am now...and had to inform her I have NO idea as my bra's are all too big, except for ones that are 10 years old and i cut the tags off! Why are they 10 years old? Well, i used to have lots of lingerie...I loved it! But I seemed to grow really quickly, so would wear bras for a few months and then need larger size. so whilst 10 years old, not all that worn! Anyway, she asked what size I used to be...and she was in shock! She said that my skin looks amazing for that weight loss, and my youth obviously helps! She thought I was in my 20s! How gorgeous! Unfortunately, all the cheap bras were only in small sizes, so no bras for me today...but I am a size 14 girls jeans! WHOOP WHOOP!
Weigh in is tomorrow, and from the looks of the scales I could have a slight gain. And I don't care still. I haven't done anything wrong...my body is just adjusting to the new weight I am in, and it will just maintain the current weight for a bit until it goes down again. I don't care because my fitness test says I am fit. My clothes size says I am thin. People are saying I am thin. I feel thin! I am not sure if I like what I see in the mirror, all the flabby bits still exist, but just smaller flabby bits. But these smaller flabby bits are a lot more likable then the bigger flabby bits! :)
What an amazing day! You are glowing through this post, and rightly so. Girls jeans indeed - that's a bit mind-blowing!!
ReplyDeleteI better lose this week - I'm eaating rabbit food and exercising hard. Good for my mental health...
Ah, the utter bliss of discovery of clothes shopping with, in effect, a new body. ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteSounds bloody awesome to me!! You are a STAR!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. awesome, awesome. You are a champion!!!
ReplyDelete