Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beat this!

I am feeling on top of the world!!!
And nobody can beat this!!!

So doing Health with my students today...start of a new topic....Being Fit!
Very appropriate!
What does it mean to be fit?
Students "To be skinny" "To not be fat" "fat people aren't fit" "to exercise" "to eat well" etc etc etc.
Me "Ok, so today a teacher told me they were going to have a go at running because i have inspired them. They ran 50m and out of breathe. I can run 5km.  They would weigh about 15kg lighter then me. So who is fit? The thin person or the overweight person?"
Student "But you aren't overweight, you are normal" (Then to a friend "She isn't fat, why would she say she is? I dont get it!")

OMG!
People see me as "NORMAL"!
That is just an amazing compliment! He has no idea that he has made my day, week, month, term!
This is the first time a student has commented on my weight. And to comment/compliment without even realising it!

I am normal!
Well, officially overweight but now...people see me as normal! Is that a sad state on our perception of normal???
NOOOOO!!!!! Couldn't be!
I am NORMAL!!!

And...on a non weight issue...a bit of an update on my relationship with my DH.
I had kinda come to the realisation that our marriage is dead and that I need to leave. I haven't been able to. I see him with my daughter and I just love watching them together. right now i cannot take her away from that love he gives her.
So anyway, i have just been living side by side with him.

Today, he was online trying to get cheap Bali tickets for next year. And he booked for DD as well. I didn't want to take her until the year later. Anyway, about 10 mins later he pipes up "I have booked a surprise trip for november, just us. I spoke to your dad and he is happy for him and your mum to babysit. I am just a bit worried about your reports being due, but booked anyway".
I am like "WTF?"
a. he booked a surprise trip, which unfortunately isn't a surprise anymore :(
b. he realises i have reports!
c. he knows when reports are due
d. he took into account my job before booking
e. he thought i would appreciate the time out at that time of the year!

so, for someone who is money stingy, unaffectionate, never says he loves me, doesn't talk to anyone and MUST have order/structure/routine (OMG he sounds autistic!)...he has done something spontaneous, chosen the place I LOVE the most in the world (of all the places i have been, which are few) and kept it a secret for about 2 months! he has also conversed with someone to help organise the trip!

So does that suggest that somewhere, deep inside, he does love me?

So everyone...I dare you...BEAT MY DAY! :)

6 comments:

  1. AND PHOTOS. I want to put some on...but DH has put the battery recharger for the camera somewhere safe. Too safe it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to cry for you. (Happy snot, obviously.) It sounds like a perfect perfect happy day. LOVE IT when stuff just comes together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! And it appears that somewhere deep inside, you DO HAVE a caring, loving husband just waiting to burst out!

    Men, they are so undemonstrative! They just need to know that someone appreciates them for what they contribute to a relationship!

    Maybe, the love is being rekindled as you are emerging from your enveloping layers of protective, insulating fat!

    I'd say he's very proud of your achievements so has thought of this "surprise" for you! Hang in there as it just might be worth it for all of you!

    Best wishes - Gae oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Don't you just wish you could bottle this feeling! Congratulations - you deserve ALL of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope - no way I could top that day!
    I've studied your photos often and wondered why you are 'obese' cos you don't look it to me, and those photos are old, when you were heavier!
    Kudos to the DH. He pulled that one out at precisely the right moment. He must be feeling a lot more than he shows.
    Start planning the Bali Bikini!!

    ReplyDelete