My turn for a gain. 1.2kg to be exact.
Why is it when i gain it is a mighty big one??! 100g would be ok...but 1.2kg?! Holy cow!
So what did I learn? I rely too much on exercise points to counteract the eating points.
I must i must i must stick to my points!
It really is that simple. I used to be great, when i wasn't earning the bonus points. I would stick to points. maybe 1 point over.
But now...i will go over by 5 or 6 points and just shrug the shoulders and say i will go for a run.
Well, Kylie, it doesn't work that way! You must stick to points. Bonus points are BONUS points. Not "You must eat me points". Naturally if I am hungry, I can eat 1 or 2 bonus points, after all the exercise needs fuel. But I am eating before I am even considering what exercise I am doing, or going over points before I have exercised.
Stupid me!
I have no going out for dinners/lunches etc this week. So I am able to get back to basics and can only blame my own cooking if anything goes pear shaped. Which it won't. I am not that stupid as to not learn from my mistakes!
So here is for a great loss next week...is it possible to lose what i gained and then some???
we will find out in a week!
Tonight I also played netball. I was asked to play for another team, so I had 2 games of netball tonight. My team hasn't won in ages, so I was hoping the first team I played for would have a win. And we did! YAY! I played GK (blah...no running involved!) but then went into GD, so I got a bit more energy expenditure! Then in my real team's game...I went to my normal position of GA. Boy did I run! And I played really well. The whole team played really well. We had a regular off, and a fill in, and a real mix up of our team...and we just clicked. It was great! So we finally had a win, and a convincing win! I am so happy with how I played...out running and out jumping all the GDs I had, got out for all centre passes...and shot really well - sometimes when I run so much, the shooting side just doesn't live up to my expectations. Just shows how fit I am getting.
And you know, this allows me to go yep...I gained. But I am still fitter then I was last week. I am still healthier then I was last week. I am still happier then I was last week. Just because the scales gave me a number I don't like, but thoroughly deserve, doesn't mean that everything else I have done, and am doing is a waste. NOWAY! My whole lifestyle has changed. It certainly isn't just a kg on the scales thing anymore. I think it certainly started that way. Now it is about, everything. every aspect of my life is better because of all things i do. doesn't mean i can just cruise...i need to make the changes to change the scales...but it is not the only focus.
There are way too many wonderful things happening for me to be disappointed in a gain.
Oh babe, your insights are SO CLEAR on all this. Well done. And bugger the gain, but you are not stupid, just learning.......
ReplyDeleteI love this entry! So many times I read people getting annoyed, frustrated and even giving up just because they had a gain. You know where you went wrong and owned up to it. If you buckle down this week I have no doubt that you'll lose more than 1.2kg!
ReplyDeleteYou are a star! Who cares about the weight gain (I hope I can tell myself this on WI day) you ahve gained heaps more than that - health smarts, clear thinking, positivity all of which is going to lead to lots more losing!!
ReplyDeletePS - have you got any recent photos?
You are so wise! I think it's good to have weeks where we have to really look at what we're doing and make some adjustments.
ReplyDeleteUse this week to measure yourself too - I bet that will be good news.
Enjoy the cooking for yourself this week. I'm having a week like that too. I got out the WW recipes and planned the week before going to the supermarket. Not rocket science, but I hardly ever do it! It's so nice to come home from work knowing what I'm going to cook and looking forward to yummy, healthy foods.
Continue being so good to yourself - you deserve it!
Good on you for recognising your problem!
ReplyDeleteThis journey really teaches us a lot about ourselves and how strong we are in adversity!
I'm sure you'll find that the gain has gone plus some more by next weigh-in!
All the very best!
Gae oxoxoxo
Which bit of the blog hop thingo are you struggling with? Can I help? xx
ReplyDelete