Saturday, May 1, 2010

7k

I have come to a realisation over the past 2 days.

I am thinner.
I am fitter...no...I am fit!

Funny, I am losing weight (21kg :) ) and my measurements are smaller, and i fit into smaller clothes, but when i go and try on clothes...
I still go for size 18.
When I go for a run, I still think, can I run for 10 minutes? Can I run 2km?

Well, yesterday, I went to a clothing party. I looked for size 18s. nothing, even though they made them in those sizes. I got a size 16 tried it on, and it just hung off me.
So returned to the rack with size 14s and 12s!!!
I was told that i have the flattest stomach they have ever seen, when i tried on this size 12 dress. The party lady said she didn't recognise me from the last party I went to when i was a definite size 16, and even then, the pants DID NOT fit in a size 16.

So that size 12 dress, I have purchased, but in a size 14. I might need to change it when i get it in 6 weeks, might need that size 12, but for me, yesterday it was just a little too clingy and I didn't feel comfortable.

But I now know that when I go to the shops I need to be trying on size 14s.

As for being fit...well I went to the lake today.
Really wanted to get to 1lap of the lake. I can do 3, but i have struggled with the thyroid thing. so can I do 1? Then I decided I would do 2.4km...that is the amount of run the army reserves have to do, so i c
an do that.
But I got there, and thought...i can do 2 laps. I had my pod runner gateway to 8km on...interval of 25min/90secs/25mins. I got further, and thought I would just get to the first 25mins...well, i ran the whole lot, even the 90sec walk! 7km. Just what i am running in the Mothers Day Classic next Sunday.

So why do I think I am still a size 18 and I still can only run short distances?
Well, that changes now. I am thinner, I am fit, I look good! I haven't finished, I have 10kg ish to go...but I DO look good. I get compliments, I get a second look from "the guys", and I am not laughed at anymore when I am plodding along on my runs.

And just wait until I get my dress...I will look SMOKIN'! :)

Photos to come!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh, brilliant. Well done. You inspire me to press on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, you deserve and your success inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome. You need to believe that too!!
    I admire your drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous achievement!!! It's great to have reinforcement of your weight-loss not just on the scales, but with your clothes (which, less face it, didn't use to be that enjoyable!).

    I went shopping for PJ's and had the same experience - I used to be a 20-22. I just had to get different sizes, and fit into the 8-10 (looks) and 12-14 (comfort). Still incredulous!

    Celebrate your fabulous achievement - smile and be proud!

    ReplyDelete