Saturday, May 15, 2010

before the weigh in!

Tomorrow evening is WI. My pledge to myself was to stick to points. plan meals. stop eating when i get to my points, and not rely on exercise points.

Well, one day this week I went 1 point over. Most days i have gone right spot on points, and 1 day i was under by 1 point.

I planned meals the day in advance so I would stick to points.
I did stop when I got to my points!

I have not exercised much this week, so I couldn't rely on exercise points!

I went for a run on Tuesday afternoon. I finished work early so I put on the runners. I was planning on doing 25 min jog/1min walk/25 jog. But after the first 25, my heel and shin were incredibly sore. I think I am getting shin splints???
So I walked the last part, about 35 minute walk (I had to get home after all!!!).
I also did about 10 mins of resistance training and a short walk (it was late) on Friday.
Then today I did toning, which was 1 minute exercises using weights or just plain old running, followed by a 30minute well paced walk. Toning was pretty tough. I chose the wrong weight. I need 3.5kg for my arms, but the choice was 3 or 4kg. i am 5kg for legs. so i thought 4kg would be ok. well, my tuck shop lady arms will be feeling it tomorrow! And the runs! It wasn't just plain old running. NO! 1 minute of hill running...1 minute of shuttle runs...1 minute of speed running and dodging ...and I didn't mention the 2km warm up run!

So quite apprehensive about tomorrow night's weigh in.
I should fly in, I was at the allocated points. Isn't that what it is all about? I ate my protein, my fruit, my vegetables, drank my water...ticked all the boxes. I did the program. But still apprehensive!
But I just don't know! I really want to get to 85.6. That would be a 1.5kg loss.
Why that number??? BMI = <30 so I would be JUST overweight!
I so need some scales at home!

Last weeks gain, whilst deserved totally...really has thrown me. I know I changed what I needed too, but I am just unsure. I did measure my waist before I actually went to WI last week. I had gained 3cm! So I knew the gain was coming! I will measure my waist again later and see if it is back to where it was...then I will have more of an idea!

Wishing everyone a great Sunday...last day of the weekend. cold but beautiful blue skies over here...i hope where ever you are in Australia, or Singapore (just for my 1 follower over there :) ) it is just as gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. Hello from your favourite Singapore Follower!
    You are a machine! I love the way you say, "I have not exercised much this week" then go on for ages about all the exercise you did do!! Do you remember when walking to the mailbox was quite a lot of exercise for the week LOL!!! (Maybe you were never as slobby as me...)
    You deserve to lose some weight tomorrow. Whatever the numbers, you have been good to your body this week.
    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shin splints are nasty! I get them sometimes when I play netball. I recently bought new shoes (ASICS $270) and notice the difference straight away : )

    ReplyDelete