Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This time it is official!

Last week I had no official WI because of the public holiday. So I weighed at my friend's house on the Saturday and lost a lovely amount! 1.9kg.

Well, WI last night...official this time...for the two weeks, I lost 2.8kg! So that made last weeks one official...and then a good loss this week too!

I am over the moon!

I have now lost 21.8kg.
I need to lose 30.7 kg all up to get to goal.
This does not get me to a healthy BMI, but damn close! So when I get to goal, I still have 5kg that I want to lose on top of that.

I cannot believe that I am 8.9kg away from WW goal! I really never believed it possible.
30kg really did seem so far away. Being in the 70s was impossible. I probably didn't weigh in the 70s since my high school years, and probably early highschool years at that!
I am only 6kg away from being a 70s girl!
Breaking it into chunks, 5kg chunks, makes it so much easier. And making the rewards for those chunks something you really really want....makes it so amazing when you get there!

I am 400g away from having an Overweight BMI.
I have only rewarded myself for each 5kg I lose. But being overweight, and not obese, is a huge achievement! Coming from morbidly obese, to move down 2 categories...WOW!
Being told when i fell pregnant (101kg) that I was too morbidly obese to have the birth at a hospital of my choice and I would have to go to the main baby hospital because they cater for extremely high and risky BMIs...that was pretty humiliating. It didn't make me lose weight...but gees it really hurt.

So to know that obese will never be apart of a description of me again...well that is just an amazing feeling! :)

I have so much coming my way...so many good things coming my way!

My leader called me her "star pupil" last night. I breathe the program. i have my goal firmly set in my mind, and I don't make excuses. Which I don't. When I slip up, I choose to slip, and I do it. The same way that I choose to lose weight, so I do everything in my power to lose weight. I have taken control of my life, my eating. I have taken responsibility. I have prioritised. I put in the hard work. I achieve.

When she mentions me and my achievements...i blush, big time. I feel like I am not worthy. We have 2 sisters in our group, between them have lost over 70kg. One has gone from a size 26 to a size 12. One has achieved her LTM. they are worthy of mentions. Not me.

But you know what...I am worthy. Because I do exactly what she said...I live the program. I believe in the program...but most importantly I believe in myself. I work hard, I do achieve.
I am doing this. I do it...nobody else. You all know the amount of support my DH gives me...so i can truly say...I am doing this...all me...and I am winning the battle.
It isn't about how much weight you have to lose and how much you do lose...it is how you go about it. And I go about it the right way. The sisters are going about it the right way too. They are my role models in this weight loss journey. They inspire me. And it is nice to know that I inspire others.
I am worthy of all the good things coming my way.
I am worthy of so much because I am doing what is right for me, for my body, and for my daughter.

One of my long term goals is to love myself. You know what...I am there. I still have more to go...but I love the life I am living. I love my energy. I love the power I have in controlling me. if you can't control yourself, what can you control? I love my determination. I love that no matter what curve ball is thrown at me, I keep powering on. Nobody will stop me. Bugger those people who want to.
I love what I see when I look in the mirror. I still have my flabby thighs...my big boobs...a bit of loose skin...but it doesn't matter. I see me. I don't see a fat chick.

I see me.
I love me!
:)

Funny how a blog starts off on one thing (i was just going to report the loss!) and it leads into something much deeper. When I analyse things...I really analyse it, and look right at the soul. That is why blogging is so good. It doesn't give me superficial ramblings...but meaningful insights into what I am thinking and feeling and where I am going.

:)

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how WONDERFUL it is to read posts like this.

    I am in awe.

    Well done.

    Off to grin my way through a 45 mins on the bike now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a Star. This post is beautiful and I love most the insight and the humility you have. To me you deserve every happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are doing such an incredible job - you are gaining so much more than a physically great body....keep it up you will be at goal in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for the Mothers Day Classic! And I have a blog hop happening over at mine: I would LOVE it if you would join in! xx

    ReplyDelete