Monday, May 31, 2010

Netball - What a game!!! :)

I had the most absolute awesome game of netball tonight!
I used to be a very good player. then I did my knee, twice, operation, blah blah blah...was a fat cow on the court that was laughed at.

Now...whoa! 
I got there late (i had weigh in) so I was off first. We were up by 1 point (5-4) at the first break. I normally play GA, but tonight, I put on the GD bib. The mums on the sideline (we played a really young team) were gushing over my passing! I kept hearing words like "strong", "perfect" and even... "when she gets the ball, it is straight into goals and they score".
A long way since getting laughed at!

At half time they were 5 points. in 1 quarter they scored 1 point. 
Now I had an awesome game (did I mention that? LOL) but it was not JUST me that stopped them scoring. Now this will sound very big headed, but when I got on court, our whole team just lifted. We just had this oomph that we didn't have in the first quarter. 

Third quarter I went into WA and i played well. Blitzed the WD, but I didn't play as well as I do normally in GA and certainly not the 2nd quarter. They scored 3 points in that quarter and although that isn't a lot, that quarter we just went flat.

so back to GD for the final quarter. Again they scored 1 point. I think the final score was 27 to 9.
Again, I had an awesome quarter in GD. 
I am just so buzzed by how well I played. And, I am the girl who always sweats like a pig, red red face, legs, arms...and I stay red for hours!
Well, hardly a sweat! So not only did I play really well, I didn't even exert myself to my full extent! 

So I am incredibly happy with my improving netball talent!!! :) Getting back to the old version of me! (but skinnier!)

On other news...I had breakfast yesterday with girls  I used to work with. Our last catch up was before Xmas. 
I was late and they all said "Oh My God...it is skinny Kylie!"
They have never seen me under 95kg. So now...I probably am skinny to what they are used to! But they were so genuinely sincere and it was so lovely to hear! Skinny and Kylie have never been two words that went together in the same sentence...and to hear them yesterday...oh i loved the way it sounded! :)

I had dinner at MILs place, again Chinese. This is after my parents were up for 2 BBQs, breakfast and then Chinese. I had a great week, stuck to points...(JESS NO CHEATING EITHER!) But my waist circumference was still high.
So I knew that my WI would result in a gain. BBQs I was good. I only had one wine with my parents. Breakfast I made the best choice, and had a really light lunch to make up for the large breakfast points. Chinese...well, hard to pick points for takeaway Chinese. I had plain white rice, not fried rice, and I only had a little bit of the honey chicken, but lots of the clay pot type stuff (i am sure they are healthier!).

so today I jumped on my Wii to see what Wii had to say about my weight before weigh in. The Wii is the closest thing to scales I have. It showed I was under 85...but it is the Wii. After a 20 minute balance "workout" the Wii told me I had lost 1.9kg! LOL. so i don't put a lot of faith in the Wii!

Anyway, very nervous at weigh in. I have had gain, loss, gain, loss, gain....and I LOST! 1.2kg.
But no rejoicing yet.
I need to get a loss 2 weeks in a row. I need to see that I am not just gaining, and then working hard to make up for it. I need to make this my life. This week was hard but easy. Hard to make sure I NEVER cheated, but easy because I never went hungry and I still had some indulgences. 

I also remembered that I was due for my period and that could explain my waist. I skip my sugar pills often (Dr has said ok!) so I don't have my period each month. I have gone probably 2 1/2 months without so I am more then sure that that affected my belly this week with a bit of bloating. so naturally I have taken the sugar pills to bring it on...and hopefully that will bring the waist measurement under 90cm. And I just need to have my period!

So all going well! Now I just have to get some planning done. what will I teach tomorrow? Oh I am so badly organised! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Skinny Kylie.......you are wonderful.....net balling losing skinny Kylie.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had netball last night too : ) It was the final game of the rounds before finals. We won, so we go into the final 2nd on the ladder! I play GA/GS/GD/GK (but mainly shooting) and I can feel myself running more after only losing 6.4kg. Great feeling!
    And I also haven't cheated ALL WEEK! : )
    My weigh in is tomorrow night, but I think it will be a sts or gain because it's TTOM and I'm all bloaty (and also because I lost 1.8kg last week) : (

    ReplyDelete