Saturday, January 23, 2010

BBQ down!

Well the day after the bbq with old friends we haven't seen in over a year (November 2008 to be exact!). I cannot believe how much weight she has put on! She used to be all stomach and had quite skinny legs. Whereas me, i was just big all over! but now she is bigger all over. I used to think we were of similar size, I was probably 5kg lighter, if that! Now though...I have lost 10, she has gained 20...and I really noticed the difference. And I know it is terrible for her, but it really made me feel like I am changing my life for good and I felt better about myself. I am not stuck in a rut, trying to give excuses. I am doing it! I hope she decides to take on a healthy lifestyle...she is trying for a baby and I just don't know how she will fall pregnant with that weight, and if she did, how difficult the pregnancy would be. I just know for myself, I will never let myself get to that again. I don't want to look that big, struggle standing up, feel uncomfortable and have the lack of energy she had. I will not return!

Thank god I took my green salad and meat, and nibblies!
She had salami, crackerwerst (spelt wrong but no idea how else to do it??!), 4 different cheeses, pate and bbq shapes for nibblies! aaargh! didn't have any of it!
We had to wait until 8pm for dinner, normally we eat at 6! I thought I was going to die but I kept nibbling on my 0 points celery/capsicum etc.

Anyway, her salads were potato salad and a Waldorf salad with almost as much mayo as the potato!
The meat was thick sausages and forequarter chops.
So I ate my 2 italian chipolatas from woolies (2.5 points), my carefully weighed heart smart no fat steak (3 points) and my green salad, as well as two tablespoons of potato salad which i put down as 2.5 points ( i really didn't have a lot!). I had 2 light beers which this brand is only 1 point each, and with the dip i had (0.5) I used 10.5 points. I had 14 left before going!
I added on an extra point, just because I thought maybe I under estimated, so still under for my points!

I did no exercise yesterday, so got up this morning and went for a jog around the lake. Got my goal! 2.5km! woohoo! Unfortunately I then walked 100m and started jogging again, but only managed 500m. My hamstring/calf...right behind my knee really tightened again and the outside of my knee started to hurt as i could feel it overcompensating for the tightness of the muscles. So i gave my leg a really good stretch, then just walked the rest, and walked slowly the final lap. I did some sit ups/pushups/squats/tricep dips too.

then afterwards we took our toddler to the zoo. walked around the savannah in the heat...there is noway it is only 32 degrees...at least 35! Sweated all the water I have had to drink today. We stayed for about 2 hours and then came home to the air con.
I have earned 4 points just from steps today, 11 662, and only half way through the day! I haven't added bonus points on for the jog!
So a really good day.
Walking the zoo, my leg felt really good. But I will ask at group training tomorrow what I can do to help it before i jog, it had been going so well! i guess i am just doing so much more. need some dynamic stretching!

Oh yeah, finally...yesterday I went through my wardrobe and tried on all my clothes. (already did my drawers a month ago). I have put in a bag for the salvos 15 fat items. my hubby told me to keep them...and i said "why? i am never going to be that big again? i literally had pants that left a red mark on my belly, slip past my hips. OH WHAT A FEELING! And i have a brown skirt that fitted me when i had my PT after my knee recon (4 1/2 years ago)...i was at 94kg, the lightest I had been pretty much as an adult (lasted about 3 months), and as I was putting it on i was thinking to myself "this is where the excitement goes because I wont be able to get it up to my hips, let alone zip it!" (as was the case last time I tried it, about a year ago!)...and you know it...up, zipped and muffin top was non existent with it! It made my stomach look flat, without having to tuck my flab anywhere!

So very happy to ditch the old, and making room for the new! I so desperately need work clothes now...but I am not buying any until I am a very easy size 16. I will just have to struggle with what I have! Wash regularly! Work clothes are so expensive and I don't want to waste money when I am not going to be that size forever! Am looking forward to work next week. Hopefully I get a comment or two...been 6 weeks since I have seen anybody from work and in that time have dropped a dress size and toned up a lot, so surely someone will notice! Not that I am doing it for anybody else, but every body likes a compliment...lets you know that your achievements are being seen by more then just you!

No comments:

Post a Comment