I succeeded! I decided not to do interval training as my knees were just shot. So I tackled the lake...and 2.8km!
And in all honesty, I think I could have gone 2.9, but then I knew next week I would have to get to 3km or more! LOL
I did use the gymboss though. I did a mini circuit of situps/pushups/tricep dips/squats all for 1 minute each, 2 sets. I didn't have to look at a watch or anything...gymboss let me know when to swap. It was great!
Also managed one whole minute of the plank.
Then i went for a final jog and did 1.2km. not bad for the second run! To think, before I did my knee way back before weight watchers etc. and i was jogging with my friend, I couldn't run 1km. Now I can run it on my second run, when my legs are like jelly!
Yay me!
One thing I should point out...I think I may have gone either slower then usual (which is already slow). But my goal doing the lake running is distance...not speed. So slow and steady COMPLETES the race...I aint interested in winning! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment