Weigh in day today and I was really hoping that the no alcohol, the planning of meals from the new cookbook, the increased exercise...all those things would get me 0.5 - 1kg.
I mean, I had done all that (limited alcohol, not none at although) the two weeks prior and I got a 100g and 300g weight loss. very disheartening when you are really working your butt off!
So close the eyes, I feel fit, I feel strong, I feel good, I must show it on the bloody scales surely!
AND YES I DID!
A massive 2.1 kg. Which brings me to 10.9kg lost so far. 12 weeks and look at me! What will the year bring?!
I am also at my 10%.
It is funny though, yesterday and today I was thinking when I get to my 10kg loss, I will be so happy and possibly satisfied, after all there are LOTS of people out there who are bigger, and it is hard, well, I guess not that hard, as hard as I want to make it. but 10kg, that is a lot to lose, be happy with that!
but then I am just not that kind of person who would be satisfied with that. I set myself a goal. I will achieve.
Today at outdoor group training, at 6am and in the sweltering heat, my asthma was just letting me know it still existed. I was running, wheezing, looking oh so sporty I am sure.
I was so close to walking. Others were walking, why can't I? I kept saying to myself to finish this run, and the next one you can walk. got to the next run set and said the same. then as it went on, only 2 run sets to go...why give up now when you have come so far???
And I didn't. More and more of the girls would walk half the distance, or go even slower then me if that is possible...but I KEPT GIVING IT MY ALL, wheezing and all.
I really felt proud.
then weigh in, and nobody could wipe this smile off my face!
Had netball, and one of the girls, who is only like 75kg said "You are my inspiration!"...I'm like "what for?"
she went on to say that she really needed to lose weight, (what!!! at 75kg???) she had no time, she had kids, she could never commit, could never lose weight, she had been that size for as long as she could remember. She then said...."You teach so you don't have time, you have a toddler which is harder then my primary age kids, you have injury after injury yet you keep going, you're committed and you are doing it! I look at you and you are looking great. On the netball court you look great. You are fitter then me, faster then me. You have no excuse. I need what you have!"
WOW! I don't think I have ever had such a compliment before. Of course I had no idea of how to take this compliment...but it was so nice to hear. another reason to smile!!!
So, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
Now I get my reward of a massage.
So now I have to set my new goal and new reward. Still every 10 will be a massage, but I think I need something at other milestones too.
getting into the 80s....what could it be??!!
WOO HOO!!! Congratulations on your fantastic loss this week, i'm so glad all your hard work paid off!
ReplyDeleteIt must have been very uplifting to have someone tell you face to face how much you inspire them, like an instant little happy pill.
Best of luck for the rest of your week :)