Yesterday was a terrible day. Totally lost my desire to do anything. But in that, I lost my desire to eat too. I sat on the couch and couldn't move. I was dead tired! Thinking the heat from Monday and group training and netball just drained me!
I pulled myself out of it and took the dog for a 3 lap jog after dinner. I thought he was going to die, I did it quite easily, but went twice as slow as normal (if that is possible) due to the heat! But only got about 6000 steps for the day! More then half of what I normally do! OH DEAR!
Today, so far, I have energy to do stuff...have been out and about, but no exercise. will go out tonight for a jog.
I am just in shock at how one minute I was on an absolute high, the next, noway was my butt moving. all i wanted to do was nap, and once my daughter went to sleep, I couldn't even be bothered laying down to nap! How sad!
Now I have a child who is refusing to sleep, so it wouldn't matter what I wanted to do, she wont let me. Trying to ignore the crying, as she is dead tired...could barely keep her eyes open in the car...but of course now she thinks she is wide awake. Typical! And I was all set to go on the treadmill!
But at least food side, yesterday and today, kept to points.
Unfortunately my darling husband has arranged a get together with friends who we haven't seen in well over a year (and for a reason too!). And while we have the child with current sleep issues, we are going to their house. WHY???? It is so much easier to have people here! And food wise easier for me too! I can prepare, weigh, add or not add dressing, do everything. This girl is a terrible eater. Always has salami, cheeses, lollies and nacho chips to snack on, then all salads are covered with mayo. Although I know i can stay away from the nibblies (she is normally the only one who eats them anyway), there just wont be a healthy choice, except for what I bring.
My husband will no doubt tell them I am on WW the minute we walk in the door, or ask in front of everyone "how many points is that?"...so they will know. I know it will make it easier if they knew, they might make something healthy...but she doesn't know what healthy is, a salad is healthy...even smothered in mayo and of course a Caesar salad is the healthiest choice at a restaurant! yeah right!
If want to tell people I am on WW, it is my choice. he doesn't have the right. and yes, he has told others and it is embarrassing. I feel like if I am on WW, I shouldn't be this fat so i must be failing, even though it has only be 2 1/2 months. I know that, but they don't. Oh it is all too hard.
The wife is a very large girl, goes on really weird diets, probably one a year for a short time, never loses weight (because of the salami, cheese, lollies and the copious amounts of coke she drinks!) and is now considering lap band surgery as his sister lost heaps with it. Well, my belief on lap band surgery is pretty non existent. If you do it the hard way...the old fashioned way...the exercise/good eating/portion control (gee, sound familiar), you will lose weight. These quick fixes don't change lifestyle. I am all for morbidly obese people who have tried the old fashioned way and have been successful and have kept it off but were so big they need the help. but those that really, a 2 week diet doesn't work so i will have surgery?? please! And in regards to those morbidly obese people just spoken of, looking on WW community, there are a lot of people on there who have been morbidly obese and have lost 40+kg, and still going. no surgery in sight. so maybe even that is an excuse too. if they can do it...why not others? Except of course those who have medical reasons...always exceptions!
Anyway, what a rant! Guess I am just a bit annoyed that I am going to have to save points and use them (i never do that!), and really work my butt off, and it is sat night and WI is monday night. I can just feel all my weight slip away! or is that slip back on??? If i had control of the food, i.e. it was at our house, it wouldn't be an issue! One thing...at least I will be driving so I wont be drinking...but then to put up with her for more then 60minutes, I need to drink! LOL! I have done so well, enjoy the WW program, love the food I am eating and feel good on the inside, skin is in excellent condition and am starting to look good on the outside (well i think!), I don't want a slip up. I don't want a night off. that isn't what WW is about for me. WW is forever! I eat healthy cos i want to be healthy. i want to be in control of what goes in and therefore be in control of how I look and feel afterwards.
I don't think my hubby gets that. He is not fat, never has been. he couldn't possibly get it.
Stopping now before i get more worked up! LOL! Daughter sleeping. Going to jump on treadmill for 20 minutes....have to wake her up in 30minutes to pick up the dog who is getting a hair cut. Oh I just can't win!
Oh bugger that was long! SORRY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA few ideas:
ReplyDeleteBring your own salad, so you can control that. Eat something before hand (low point soup, yoghurt or something like that) so you are fuller and don't need to eat as much, do the halfway test, and leave the rest on your plate.
If anyone brings up the WW just politely acknowledge it with 'yes, I wish to be healthier for my daughter'. As for only just starting out on it- sounds like you're a fair cry further along than the wife! lol. At least you are doing something!
Try to enjoy!
Hey Kelly
ReplyDeleteI am planning on taking my own nibblies (celery, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes etc and dip), my own meat (trimmed fat/weighed), a green salad and a fruit salad for dessert. then I shouldn't need to eat anything they have! But I know it will offend!
Unfortunately we are heading over early afternoon, 4ish, so eating earlier won't help when dinner will be at 7. but my own nibblies will be there!!!
Maybe my healthy eating will rub off on someone! who knows!!! And they can begin their journey now!