Tuesday, January 26, 2010

busy morning, exercise done!

Been up since 6am. Decided after last nights bbq I need to work my butt off this week. I went 6 points over, because my sister has the best food! Wasn't as healthy as I thought it would be, but the meat was as fat free as meat could possibly be! And I had a glass of sparkling. I have decided Friday and Saturdays are my 2 drinks days, but hey, it was Australia Day, Public Holiday. You have to enjoy yourself sometimes!
And really, my first, no second, slip up in 13 weeks.

And I know I went over, so now I work for it!

So I went for a jog this morning. Probably ran about 1.8km. I went to a different lake/oval today. last time i did it, i jogged 1 1/2 times. this time i did 2 laps (minus the warm up lap of the oval). And while that has improved...on Sunday I did 2.5km at a different place.
It is amazing how a venue can change your abilities. both flat so nothing different. but it is a mental state of the laps. a. there are not 100m markings to keep pushing, so i only have my pedometer to go by when i do stop. b. because i did 2 laps, it is time to stop. well, no it shouldn't be, but it felt like it. if the lap was bigger, i could have gone more.
Have to get over that mindset!

But after I dropped my daughter off at daycare (oh how lovely it is on again, oh bugger that means holidays are over), i went for a walk down the foreshore. the plan was to get to 7000 steps. I got to 10000 steps. 40 minutes walk. I feel good! It is so nice to get the exercise out of the way.

And I got my Gymboss! So I am going to go and some interval training tomorrow. Have a go at HIIT. They recommend 30sec sprint and 90sec walk intervals. I think I will do 20 and 100. speed is not my thing! LOL.
But will have another early morning so I can get my exercise in early and feel good afterwards!

So before I start work, I am going to give myself that reward I have put in my goal. I am going to go have a shower, use the mandarin body polish and cream, and the peppermint foot stuff my sister gave me for Christmas (received last night) and just relax for 30 minutes, before hitting the computer for work!

RELAX here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment