Saturday, January 16, 2010

I can run! :) but today is just too hot!

Got up early yesterday and went to the lake I used to try to run around. It has 100m markings, and I have only ever got to about 600m, even when I was about 4kg lighter.
Yesterday, not only did I run the whole lake of 1.8km, but I kept going to 300 mark, walked to 600m and then jogged the rest!
Then did a final walking lap which I paced myself with a guy who had great pins on him, and he looked about 65 but was going at a gun pace! thankfully I could keep up with him!

So very proud of myself! I cannot believe I can jog over 1km straight, let alone as much as I am doing. I might be slow, but I get there!

It would be nice to lose the boobs though. I am so self conscious of which direction they are going in at all times! LOL My friend says I am so lucky to have them and that even now I am losing weight, I am not losing my puppies. You can tell she is a small busted friend! My puppies happen to be full grown malamutes! Anybody with a D cup or more knows the challenges of them, especially when sport of any sort is involved! And DD cups+ just know the comfort level we have for every day things! I guess I just have to put up with them for now, and constantly store them in a sports bra! so flattering!

Today is a sweltering 42 C. Way too hot for anything, even early this morning. While my daughter was sleeping I got on Wii fit for 55 minutes, 20 mins doing the cardio stuff. I don't know how effective it is as far as exercise is concerned. But I guess, it is that, or lay down on the couch and have a nap or watch TV. So it has to be better then nothing! And for what I did, I still am under 4000 steps for the day. not even 1 bonus point! Oh dear!!! Will definitely be walking this arvo, heat or no heat!

And I lasted my goal of NO alcohol for the week! Started last Sunday, and didn't drink anything! And it is disgusting how bad someone's breath is after they have had 2 glasses of red. I know I will be brushing my teeth twice before I go to bed after just 1 drink!
I would like a glass tonight, but have decided to go that extra day (well will be 2 days, as tomorrow I have netball) as Weigh In is tomorrow and I really want to see what impact no alcohol has. When I decided to cut it down, I lost 2kg in one week, and again the following week. The last few weeks I have just gone down 400g. So hopefully can get back up to 1kg loss with the no alcohol. Would like to think it was all worth it! I know it is worth it on the health, but lets face it...I want numbers on the scale dropped!

Group training in the morning, and netball for the first time in a month. looking forward to it, see how much fitter I am. Still want to get to play C one of these days!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. ok, bugger, had to have some wine. outside 38 degrees, watching the child run amok...needed a nice cold drink so had some white wine...and i hate white wine! desperation!!!

    ReplyDelete