Thursday, February 18, 2010

A brag!

Went to buy some board shorts for Bali at Target today. My old ones (only 3 months old) fall to my knees so desperate for new ones!
Unfortunately they only had really small ones or the size i had or larger. so no board shorts.

But they had 30% off denim and I had the same problem with my one pair of fat jeans from the fat dept. in Myer (sorry if I offend anyone saying fat...but I have always seen myself as fat, and i have only ever fitted into fat clothes!). The crutch would be at my knees, and wearing a belt just didn't cut it...the butt was still baggy.
So anyway, thought I would just try on a pair of jeans, size 18 from the normal part of target...not the MODA (fat persons) part, and crossed my fingers and wished for luck!

Well...

I just want to say that I walked out with a pair of size 16 jeans from the normal section!
WOW! I cannot believe it! I am saying that if i can fit into size 16 jeans, then I am officially a size 16!

Now nobody ruin it for me by telling me that Target is slightly larger in sizing! LOL. I never used to be able to fit into the size 18 normal or big clothes.

So HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Oh and I fitted into another bra i had hardly ever worn cos it was cutting circulation off my boobs. Now....they give me perk :)!

Thanks also for the comments! I love them! :)
Netball is great. I had my pedometer on awhile ago and I only did about 2500 steps. It is what you make it. I was determined to make the game on Tuesday a real work out and I did a lot of running. the other time i probably did the bare minimum! I really struggled with netball earlier on...not only did i sweat like a pig, but the weight on my knees was tough. I struggled to go in all the directions you needed to go in and jumping was a joke. And it was pretty degrading when the skinny fit things would look at you as if you belonged at home on the couch eating KFC. They really thought they would have an easy ride. I don't get those looks anymore, I can dodge and jump and out rebound anyone my height and some a little taller.  so it is WONDERFUL! Everyone has to start somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the size. I still in the moda section :( but that have some nice clothes for once. I was there and they clearing some size 22 jean's which are tight I thought they were $20 but they went thru for $6.88 such a bargin.

    I am sure you will be able to buy board shorts in Bali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! for the size 16's! :)
    do you have any surf shops around you? You might be able to pick up some end of season boardies from there.
    I <3 Bali, I hope you have a lot of fun there! I mainly stayed at Nusa Lemboggan (sp?) and then Ubud, didn't see much of Kuta. But it's a bit too full on for me, so I was fine with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I am small enough yet to go to surf shops. probably need to be a size 12 in target stuff before I venture into a surf shop!!!
    Maybe in Bali I will find some! You never know! They are used to Aussies there, so maybe they have started making bigger clothes!

    We are staying in Legian, so just a little up from Kuta. Always stayed in Kuta in the past and loved it. Cannot wait...4 days!!! :)

    ReplyDelete