well, today's group training was a lovely fitness test. Do I really need a fitness test to tell me I am unfit???
5.9 on the beep test. thought I would get 2, hoped I would get 6...but wasn't the first one out, about the 4th in the group. Thank goodness!
Wall sit...thought I would do alright at that as I have strong legs. But nope...2nd one out. made just over 1minute! very sad.
Step ups did ok with...above average for the group, tricep dips I did really well with, not the top but very close. Bicep curls did really well with, if not the top (I didn't hear a few results) certainly way up there.
Push ups...very proud...I didn't think I could do them...but did 25!!!! Then carried on with knee ones for a total of 53 push ups. YAY.
And the plank...2minutes of the plank! Woohoo! 4th person left standing (so to speak).
I know I shouldn't compare to other people, but life is that...we are judged on others. And growing up being competitive, I can't help but compare. And I don't have previous results to compare myself on. This was my first fitness test.
I am so pleased with myself because to look at these other women...they are thin, muscular and just damn fit looking. I don't look any of these...but I am up there in ability. Speed obviously isn't my strong point though!
Yesterday Mum and I went to harbour town as I needed some new work out clothes...all the others are falling down! and i needed some new shoes.
Well, Adidas, size 16 pants fit PERFECT!!!! wow! size 16. i cannot believe it! I never thought I would fit into them. Even got myself a pair of running shorts, XL but Brookes. And they are normally a really small make. So now I just have to get the confidence to wear little running shorts! I also got a running top which i wore today, and i love it! normally i can feel the sweat on my shirt, and smell! not in my new top! it is so lightweight. I no longer need oversized tops to hide and cover (and lets face it the only thing that fits me!). I can wear normal clothes! :)
And although not clothes related, also got my pair of shoes! some netball ones. when i go to bali i will buy a pair of running shoes.
Today, Mum and I are having our hair done. Decided to spend a bit extra and get half head of foils as well. using that as my 10kg reward instead of a massage, especially since i just had my birthday one and will have a fair few in Bali!
So now at 9.15 today i have my second training...how will i do it???
No comments:
Post a Comment