Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Away a few days

Well, I am off to Bali this afternoon.
Still sick. Slept for 3 hours this morning, after I dropped my daughter off at daycare. I think I could sleep another 3hours now. But the coughing and sneezing have subsided.
so hopefully tomorrow I can spend the day by the pool relaxing and Friday will have energy to go walking and sight seeing.

I am so looking forward to going. I haven't been in 11 years. Bali is the reason I got into teaching. All I ever wanted to do was teach in Bali. Help those kids have a better life. Help those kids become someone. Then I went to Kalgoorlie, and realised that help had to start in our own backyard. I had to teach our kids here become someone. One day I would teach in Bali...once I had solved all of Australia's educational problems LOL!
I don't think I will teach in Bali, but it still made me the teacher I am today. And to go back, back to the place that started my life...I cannot wait!

I have 3 really good friends over there. 3 people I lost touch with not long before the bombings in 2002. I wanted to call them, find out how they were. I knew they wouldn't be messed up in the bombings, but I was so concerned about their jobs, their livelihoods. I wrote a letter to two of them. never heard anything back. I am going to return to the hotels where they used to work, and hope they are still there. It is a long shot, but you never know!!!

I am grateful to be getting away from the heatwave of WA...for once Bali might be cooler! Am going to miss my little girl like crazy...she is going to be getting up to all sorts of fun and games with her Oma. I will take this opportunity to just hang and forget about everything...work, diets..bond with my husband again, and of course while not sticking to WW, I will track, but not religiously, and I will go over points, but will be mindful of just how much I go over, and will have my pedometer and walking heaps and going to the hotel gym.
I am going to enjoy!

Hope everyone here can enjoy too!
Good luck with weigh ins. Good luck with food and exercise goals.
Good luck with achieving that one little thing in your life you really want to achieve!

1 comment:

  1. You more than likely already gone but have fun. I hope you can catch up with your friends but most important look after yourself, you are still very very sick.

    About the Perth heat, my mum is complaining like mad. Times like this I am glad we no longer live in the west.

    ReplyDelete