Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy busy busy!

Well, netball Monday and Tuesday and skipped week 2 of C25K as I found the first session too easy. This one was a little harder, but I am going to do 2 sessions of it at least as I think it will help me build up my cardiovascular system.
I have noticed already though, that it has improved. my asthma is no longer hampering my running. It is great!

Been busy the last few days with exercise and work and whatever else happens to be in the way!

After a long hot day at a swimming carnival, I decided to go for a jog after school. Was hoping for a good 20 minutes, but no...even though it is after 4pm (and still early for me to leave work) someone insists that they must speak to me NOW. They were going to even stop me going to the toilet and a. going to the toilet b. getting changed. i told them they can wait. how rude!
So by the time I got to the park I wanted to run at,  I had 12 minutes before I had to pick up my daughter. gee great! So i jogged for 10minutes and stretched for 2, picked up daughter slightly late, and rushed home to cook dinner. Yummy homemade pizza with left over chicken.

Then took dog for the C25K. He is soooo slack! Every lap he wanted to get in the car. And would be a good 200m behind me! Is he getting slacker or me fitter?
I am not sure if I am doing an appropriate speed for the jog part, so I am thinking on Friday I will do it on the treadmill and get some distances to match the speed. if i can work it out! can't be too hard. I will also need my darling hubby to download some podcasts so i can actually do week 4 and above...my HIIT man won't cut it. He can only do 2 times, not 5!

Netball on monday I played Centre for 3/4! So proud! And I played ok! I kept up with the other centres (they couldn't go more then a quarter at a time) and while I find it difficult to lead, that is because i am out of my position, not because i am unfit. Tuesday I played WA all game against this team that was quite good (i filled in and we aren't good) but OMG BITCHY! I am the most un-nasty player you could imagine. I might get annoyed, but I don't take it out on anyone. will just mouth after the game! I used to be bad. very bad. had some very choice words with umpires at times, and pushed the ball into others if they got too close to me. but since playing with parents and students...soon learned to keep it down. A new person on the court!

Anyway, one of the girls says,"Lets go (insert team name), lets show you don't have to be nasty to play well!). What The??? One of our girls plays very body body...one is quite uncoordinated and doesn't deliberately hurt others...but where was the nastiness? and to generalise about the whole team...I was just in shock! Really put me off. Although I did wear my pedometer and i did about 7000 steps in the one game, so I did a lot of running! Just have to see it as a work out! :) (I did just under 15000 for the day by the way!).

Today's steps were so much better! Day not even finished and I have done 22528 steps. That is 9 points for me. I haven't added bonus points for the exertion of jogging, i wont worry as 9 points is plenty! I don't use those points anyway, so not a big deal! So while it was a stinker of a day at the carnival and I am sure to lose my voice in the morning, it certainly helped to get my steps up! :)

I am feeling so good. Even starting to think I can feel muscles in my arms! Still amazed that I can feel and see my collar bone. It is soo nice! I really feel healthy too. I keep touching my skin and I am amazed at how smooth it is! It is also incredibly moist! I normally get very dry skin, especially on the cheeks. But not now. And still no ezcma, despite sweating so much and wearing double bras, and wearing socks constantly.

Weigh in on Monday night was a loss of 500g. After Saturday nights extra glass of wine and 3 course meal, I didn't expect too much! And I am always happy with a loss! I just keep thinking, that the smaller losses allow my body to stabilise and hopefully reduce the amount of excess skin. And it just means the strive to get to 15kg lost by Bali is Number 1 priority this week...700g to lose...and I know i can do it! I am sure my goals I have set will get me there, and kick boxing will be tough...make me sweat! And I have my make up class on Monday (what a shame in Bali the following week!) which is a cardio class. All set for monday weigh in.

I am sure there were a few more things I wanted to say, but can't remember! Daughter was awake for 2 hours last night (of all damn nights too, before a carnival) so quite tired and my mind certainly isn't in thinking mood. One thing I can think of though...this time next week I will be flying to Bali! YAY! :)

2 comments:

  1. 7000 steps for a game of netball.......that is brilliant....you have maybe inspired me to look into playing again....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are doing awesome.

    You are doing great with all your exercise netball 7000 steps wow a sport I may have to consider when I get smaller.

    ReplyDelete