Tuesday, February 2, 2010

back to work

Well, work today...how hard going back after such a lovely break!

I was really nervous about going back. Last years class was the best I had ever taught. I did have one child that rocked the boat, but one out of 31 ain't bad!  So what was I going to get this year? I knew 10 were going to be good. but what about the rest?
So I have 29 students...and 2 possible trouble makers. So 27 gorgeous kids. 1 who is just a funny kid who needs attention, but certainly not nasty or anything. The other just likes to talk! so really 29 lovely kids. I didn't think I could ever get better then last year...but after day 1...I think I have the best class!

Two of last years students (1 I have again) said to me, "You look different". I asked how and neither of them could put their finger on it, but it was different in a good way!
1 teacher said "oh you have had your hair cut...no wait, that isn't it...you have new clothes (just i fit in to the old nice ones i used to have)...no...gees, you have lost a lot of weight haven't you?" That was so nice to hear.
1 other teacher said, "look at you, slimmer, fitter and terrific!"...
and yet another teacher stopped me twice to find out exactly what I was doing to be looking so good...but stressed it wasn't just that I had lost weight, I looked really fit too.

How good did/do I feel after those comments??!!! But then, I thought (because I am probably incredibly greedy and need it all about me me me) how come not everyone has noticed? Give it time...when I am in under 90kg I am sure everyone will say it! Then under 80...Watch out world!!!

Obviously the comments have made me feel on top of the world and I am just on a high and feel like nothing is stopping me. Another boost to keep going and going strong...not that I had even considered stopping!

another high...I wore this skirt that hasn't fitted for about 2 years. And this gorgeous silk top, which has been about 1 year since i could get it on properly. So put them on, skirt loose, top fits perfect. tucked my top in and my stomach looked quite good in the skirt. normally i would wear it out, but it looked nice tucked in. looked modern and schmick! I cannot remember ever feeling like i wasn't wearing daggy clothes made to hide all the lumps and bumps!

Anyway...the exercise...yesterdays boot camp was nowhere near as hard as the interval training. It wasn't easy...but I felt good and could do it all. Arms were almost killing me, but didn't wake up sore today, so that is a bonus.
Rode to WW meeting. Then netball. Played really really well. Finally able to shoot, not that I felt confident playing outdoors for the first time since primary school!
And just a short 10 minute jog with the dog, it was too dark and this area is too dodgy to be out at night.
Tomorrow I am off to my WW friend's house to work out together, straight after work. She desperately needs to get back on track.

At WW meeting, the leader asked who always wears their pedometer...of course I do and put my hand up. She said "oh Kylie, i need you to stand up...this girl has been losing weight week by week by week...she is going great guns" and all gushing and glowing. I felt so proud of my efforts and the comments others said felt really sincere. One lady was talking to me prior to the meeting and she was amazed at all the exercise I was doing and how great it was and the results are obviously showing.

It is so strange to receive so many compliments. And genuine compliments. The first one i ever got, i didn't know how to react. Now, I know I have worked hard to get where I am, I deserve every one of them! If that sounds big headed, then so be it...I am proud, happy and I want people to notice it all.

Could it be that I am already starting to achieve one of my long term goals? I am certainly liking myself, possibly for the first time, but could I actually be looking at me...inside and out...and starting to love who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment