Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Kitkat

Today was my first splurge! I was at the shops and kitkats were on sale. I have never once had an urge since starting WW for chocolate, which is weird, I thought I would struggle with chocolate! But alas...I had the urge and thought..."Stuff it...why not".
I got it home, calculated the points. 5 points for the whole chocolate (4bars)...hmmm...to have or not to have.
And I thought "Stuff it" once more. I ate it. All of it. Now nicely settled in my belly.
mmmm.....delicious.
1 treat in 4 months. 1 non weight watchers treat I should say (love ww rich toffee bars!).

And do I feel guilty? Of course not. I have allocated it into my points. I enjoyed it. I know it will probably be Easter before I have non ww chocolate, so I know I am not falling back into bad habits.

So until then, i will savour the delight I just had in scoffing it! :)

Goals: already saved my 6 points. YAY!
And started C25K run last night. I started at week 2, day 1, thinking week 1 would be too easy for me. Well, week 2 was too easy for me. How cool is that? So what I did, was increased the speed of my jog.
I actually prefer running at a slower pace and longer distance. once i stop to walk, it is so hard to get back into a jog. I might just do one more of week 2, then move into week 3 which looks more challenging.

Was going to get up early and do HIIT. But no, someone at 1am decided to not allow me my much needed sleep. Why do people insist on shouting, screaming, carrying on...for over an hour outside my house? not the first time this has happened...but could possibly be the most annoying time. Especially when 3 cop cars turned up. 2 arrived, left car idling. they turned them off after 10 mins. then a third turned up, car idling. GRRRR!!!! Turned off after 10 mins. Then one starts up immediately and drives off. Lovely. Next one starts up, idles. Screaming starts again, car continues to idle. Eventually leaves, another one comes. Now who is louder, the cops or the group of louts???
From what I could gather, one was incredibly drunk, stepped out onto the road, lady came round the corner in her car, hit him, stopped then drove off. Well, as horrible as it may have been, there were about 5 guys there, all loaded up on booze. He was the idiot on the road, and she would have seen the drunken gang and feared for her life! I would have! So why did the police not take them away immediately to the station and question them there? Instead of right outside our house! And why do drunk people think that yelling when they speak is normal???

So over an hour of putting up with that, I finally get back to sleep, only for my dog to want to go outside and snack. Grrrr...30 minutes later, he wants to come back in!
Why are people determined to stop me sleeping???

So I may be having a rest day today. I actually don't mind, although I should do something...as my hamstrings were a tad tight after my run yesterday, my fault, i didn't stretch. But a rest before kickboxing might be nice!

And since my DD is sleeping now, and I don't think i got even close to 6 hours sleep last night...I am going to attempt a nap on the couch. I shouldn't feel guilty about that, I deserve it, but I did have a nanna nap yesterday too...and the house is a mess and is desperate for a clean. I guess I will look at that when i wake up.

For now...nap! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Kit Kat! I'm glad you don't feel guilty, because there is no reason to feel guilty. I'm wondering why you feel you "should not" eat non-WW treats? I keep a bag of Freddo Frogs and another bag of mini Turkish Delights in the cupboard, in case I feel like chocolate. They are worth only 1 point each and I did eat 4 in my first week, but none since. I think the beauty of WW is that we are allowed (and enccouraged) to eat all foods - in moderation and within our points, of course.

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat chocolate anymore because I wouldn't be able to stop. I will have a nestle choc mousse, or a rich dessert, or a toffee bar...and for whatever reason I know one is enough and they are ever so yummy!

    But anything else...I would want more...or I would have one a day. which I just can't do if I want to lose the weight I am losing!

    i generally save my treat for the weekend and have a glass or 2 of wine.

    I would rather eat the chocolate points on something much more substantial! Priorities have changed! And I haven't craved chocolate. I can walk past the chocolate aisle and not drool over it. But once the chocolate passes my lips I drool! LOL

    So while what I am doing works...I wont change! I love WW too for that reason...if I want it, i can have it. But I have to want it enough! And today I did, for the first time. So I did!

    Now I want a wine...and I still have enough points for one! YAY!:)

    ReplyDelete