And you know what...
Last week WAS EASY!
This week...tough tough tough. A lot of running and sprints (which is just a slightly faster jog for me!). very few rests, yet when you hold the bag to receive the kicks and punches...what great resistance and allows for wonderful interval training.
I love "Step Into Life"! If any one needs to know the name of an outdoor training group...seriously...this is the best one!
I was with Babes on the Run...and was never pushed. I had to push myself, and I don't think I knew what I was capable of!
Cherrie-Anne, my trainer, is wonderful! When she says "sprint" she even gets in there to try to get you to just go that bit quicker! She is so motivated and you can't help but try to impress her and keep up, and keep push push pushing!
So much so that 1 girl actually threw up, and another oh so close! One girl had her heart rate so damn high...but at least we check it, see if we are in our optimal training zone. Babes never did that!
I took my WW friend, who thought she was going to die. She wished she had come last week to the "easy" one! Unfortunately she can't run due to bad knees (they kill us all!), but she still got her heart rate up with the kicking and boxing and she just looked dead. And then at the end, when she could breathe again, joined up and just thought it was great!
Then, because I am crazy, i got home to relax, but my hubby had told our girl that we would go for a bike ride! So off we went for a half hour bike ride down by the river...it actually was longer, but we stopped at a park. And it was over 30degrees when we went...
My legs were dead!
But the reason I am doing it...WEIGHT LOSS! And is it working???
I tried a dress on today, going out for hubby's birthday tonight, and I really wanted to see if I could fit into this dress I have worn once...on our anniversary in 2005, before I got pregnant.
one month ago i couldn't zip it at the side.
Today, look smokin'! It zips up, my stomach looks flat and my boobs aren't all squashed up! I look decent! I don't look like an overweight person stuck for clothes. I look like I belong to that dress!
Hubby will be surprised! :)
It is so nice to be able to fit into normal clothes. i even went to harbour town to buy his birthday present and got some shirts for myself, from normal clothing stores. I can't remember what that was like!
So I am officially the lightest I have been since my husband met me. Lighter then when i had PT back in 2005 when I went hard after my knee reconstruction. Fitter then that time too, but not stronger. But I will get there. I am not concentrating on strength right now...it is a part of my exercise in kick boxing and when i do circuit work using my own body weight, but it isn't the focus. cardio is my focus as i have too much weight to lose!
And another bonus...looks like the boobs are getting smaller! finally! Lost 4cm from my chest, last time measured was 3 weeks ago. YAY! C cup here I come! :)
Awesome class and awesome that you can wear your dress!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done! I love your blog.....and you are doing so well....
ReplyDelete