OMG how hard is HIIT?
My gymboss, is now called "HIITMAN" and while all he does is beep and buzz...i hate him!
But it certainly made things different for jogging.
I set it, and successfully completed it, for 90second rest (walk then jog), 20second sprint (which no doubt was the equivalent to most people's jog!), for 10 lots.
I think I had the timing almost perfect. the 20seconds was just enough, any longer and i would have collapsed. 90seconds was probably a little too long a rest. especially since immediately after my sprint, i walked, then built up to a jog again.
It is so tiring. I will try to do it at least once a week. If I can do kickboxing Saturdays, Distance jog Sundays, HIIT on a Monday before hubby works...then the other days i can fit in walking and jogging with the dog, but nowhere near as long as the Sunday...I should be doing fine to get fit, lose weight and build up stamina for the city to surf.
With netball once a week, ride to WW when netball isn't on straight after, I have good training program with lots of variety. The other days I might even see about doing the C25K. But I think I will be starting at higher week, think I am past week 1 already. how exciting!
But right now, I am quite dead. HIIT really took it out of me, more so then distance running, which goes for over 30 minutes! Hopefully my darling daughter will have a sleep very soon, and I can too.
It's a fabulous way to have a great workout!
ReplyDelete