Saturday, March 27, 2010

5km fun run!

And it was a fun 5km! I completed it in 34minutes, and even had fuel in the tank for a final 50m sprint. Now just let me confirm my definition of sprint. Considering my "jog" is a shuffle...a sprint is a shuffle with a little more bounce! :)
But my sprint over took 10 people!
And not once did I walk! I finished in the top third of all competitors. So really really happy with that! How can I not be?!!!

What an amazing feeling going through that banner knowing I had run the whole way!

While I was running, I got the 1km to go mark, and thought...gees, I can do this easy now, only 1km to go. ONLY 1km. 3  months ago I couldn't run 1km. 4 months ago I couldn't run 100m!

The accomplishment, the adrenalin, the everything...so exhilarating! I just want to scream to everyone that will or won't listen, that I completed without stopping a 5km run!

And then...the winner of the 10km run, finished in 35minutes. 1 minute longer then me, but double the distance! LOL.
Next year I will do the 10km, and aim for under 1 hour! 35 minutes might be just out of my reach! :)

Now to sleep...I am buggered!

1 comment:

  1. I bet that 3 months ago you didn't even think the word "FUN" should go with the word RUN!! Congrats to you. It's so exciting to feel positive changes in your body isn't it?
    I drink to you with my glass of Sassy Water (water with slices of lemon, cucumber, ginger and mint added to it)

    ReplyDelete