How do storms ruin your night?
Well, let me count the ways.
Firstly, driving to WW for weigh in. Driving through flooded roads, worried that water will seep into my car, and the breaks would go. Add to that the lightning that was filling my car with the brightest of lights...it was amazing but so incredibly eerie!
Secondly, the power goes out. for a change not at our house, but at WW. So NONE of the equipment is working. no lights, no EFTPOS, no scales :(
So NO WEIGH IN! so i don't know if i am officially an 80s girl or am I just hoping!
Thirdly, My daughter is so incredibly scared of the "under" because it is noisy that she all of a sudden becomes a daddy's girl and mummy can't protect her! And just to prove mums really aren't there for protection, my dog under dads feet shaking (in fear not cold) and my parents dog which we are babysitting, trying to climb on top of daddy too (remember, he has DD on him as well!). Quite funny...but where is mummy in all of this? Left Right Out!!!
Finally (but I am sure I will come up with more!)...netball semi final...DID NOT HAPPEN! Bloody storms. I wasn't really looking forward to driving out to netball with the hail and wind and lightning, but it was a semi final. When WW was cancelled, I thought I better ring up our captain to see if she knows if the netball centre has power. Well, no they don't have power, or a roof! The roof had caved in! OMG! Lucky we weren't playing! And glad I didn't drive out there to discover that, BUT i love my netball and I missed it!
Now, we have peace. There is no rain, hail or "under". It is incredibly quiet outside, not even a hoon on the streets, and planes have been cancelled (we live near the airport so can get quite noisy!) so nothing. But for how long? Is this the calm before the real storm???
A second finally....the biggest reason I hate storms...every year we have one major major storm. This apparently is the worst storm we have had in 10 years, so worse then the any storm we have had in this house. But every storm reveals a new leak in our roof (after getting our roof fixed), every storm we find a new dip in ceilings caused by the leaking in our roof, and every year we need to get the roof people back in to fix our roof and the ceiling guy back in to fix our ceilings. So this being the worst storm then any of those...where and when will the leak occur and the ceiling die??? Oh I don't want to jinx it, but...when you have had the problems we have had...you would understand my fear!!!
So now, I have to wait another week for my weigh in. Surely by next week I will be in the 80s, if I wasn't tonight. This is the disadvantage of not having scales at home! Now I really can't slack off though...must keep doing all of my good work, healthy eating from last week. It is hard to keep going (for me) without a result...good or bad...and easy to go into a slump...but I will not let that happen! again! Or maybe I try another centre...hmmm a possibility!
Ohhh!! I feel your frustration. Must be horrible to not weigh in.
ReplyDeleteWe had a humdinger storm here in Singapore this afternoon too. Maybe it was a humungous storm cloud stretching from Perth to Singapore??? We get them frequently though. Even now, at 48 years old, I still have to remind myself that the 'under' won't hurt me.
Thanks for the funny mental pic of your husband with kid, dog 1 and dog 2 on him...