Monday, March 15, 2010

A gain.

Well I gained 700gms. Not a lot, but hopefully this is the kick up the butt i need to get me back on track.

I neeeeeed to stop eating more then my allocated points! How ridiculous am I that I get to my points allocation, and I look at it and make a conscious decision to continue to eat.

Last night i had 11 points for dinner. If we stayed at home and ate what I cooked, I would have used 7 of those points, and that is probably exaggerating. so instead we went out to dinner before the movies, and we shared a pizza and shared an entree sausage dish. Now previously I would have eaten the entree to myself, so well done for sharing.
But...12 points for my share of the pizza and 2.5 points for my sausage. I looked and looked over the menu so many times...and seriously nothing healthy. Even all the pasta dishes (we went Italian which is normally good!) with a tomato base had cream in it and they didn't adjust. Everything was laden with cream and pasta.

Then, even though I didn't know the exact points i had eaten, but i knew i had gone over...i still decided to have wine. yes low alcohol, but seriously...did i need it? NO! so another 2 points!

In the end I was 7 points over.
And I could have stopped. I should have stopped.

For the whole week, I have had 2 days (today included) where I did not go over points.

I always had exercise points...yesterday I had 7.5 exercise, so I haven't eaten more then the exercise points...BUT, it obviously means I need to save more then 0.5!
And quite frankly, I don't need to eat them. Have I been hungry? NO. I have just been GREEDY!  Our leader today told one of our members who had cut out her treats that we need to remember that treats are that...TREATS. Not every day! Well, I have been treating myself for morning tea, afternoon tea, in between arvo tea and dinner and dessert. Some treat!

So I have planned all my meals for tomorrow. I have written them down, and crossed off my points. I am eating 23 points, and that includes snacks. I am allocated 24 points. So I have 1 to spare.

I am being hard on myself, not because I gained, I truly believe I needed this gain. I am hard on myself, because, I know exactly what I am doing wrong. I know what I need to do. I know that I have made the bad decisions and I know that ONLY I can change those decisions. So of course writing them down, making it very clear to myself, I know what I WILL change.

And of course, I will continue to do my exercise. I am going to jog to my friends house after work tomorrow (i hope i can leave early!) and then exercise in her gym, then jog back. I want to do wk 7 session 1 in my run to her house. If I get home early enough I should be able to. I am also yet to start doing any resistance work...so that is why I am off to use her gym.

Here is for a GREAT week...STICKING TO POINTS...upping my exercise; no; mixing up my exercise and getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment