Saturday, March 20, 2010

It was tough today!

WOW! Kickboxing almost killed me today!
And it certainly wasn't due to being unfit.
It was due to when being told to jog, i jogged, and told to sprint, i sprinted (or at least I felt like i was sprinting!).

Other times, my "sprint" was a slightly faster jog, if at all. And certainly not by the end of the session...it was a slow jog!
But today, i sprinted right up to the end.

And boy it was tough. I thought I was going to vomit. I recovered quickly though as i had to hold the bag for my partner...still jog/sprint, but i had the "break" of not having to punch or kick or do knees or shoulders or whatever else i had to do prior...it became a blur!

I felt soooo good afterwards though.

Then...my hardwork...RUINED!

We went into Freo, walked around, and stopped in for a coffee. And lunch. I chose fettuccine with artichoke, sundried tomatoes and chicken in a tomato based sauce. Well, the tomato based sauce also came with cream. I actually couldn't eat it all as it was too rich. but i ate a lot of it.

So, because i chose to eat it, i chose the dish, i chose to eat as much as i did (i ate well over satisfaction as I hate wasting food...and doggy bags don't exist anymore!), i decided i needed to work it off.

So C25K tonight.
Week 7 session 3. The final 25 minute run. And I chose to do it up and down hills. I really am a tool sometimes! But I did it! I also decided on my way back to the car, once i got over the final hill, that i would do week 1 intervals, but at a running pace, not jog. I did 5 intervals before I hit the car.
And I wasn't collapsing!

I did it! I am physically exhausted now. My legs know they exist! But gee it was good to finish that first 25minutes, have a walk for 7 minutes then be able to go again. It was such an achievement. In my 25minute run, i probably only ran just over 3km, was supposed to be 4.1 i think. but i did have hills.
I am a little worried i wont be able to make the 5km on Sunday. I just don't know if i can make the distance. But i am a determined B. I. #. % H so I am sure I will push myself.

For now, I will be in bed and asleep early, because I am off to the lake tomorrow. planning to do week 8 session 1...but thinking i might just do a lot of walking laps!

oh and i weighed myself at my friends house today...not an official weigh in, but i was an 80s girl! 89.9. so i am HOPING it stays for monday's weigh in. But if i am still a 90s girl that is ok...i was an 80s girl for a few days!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a machine! I'm so impressed at the exercise you're doing.
    I did the C25K thing on the cross trainer today. Only did week 1 but I did it on a high resistance. I had the Ullrey podcast on to help me. It was a great workout - and I was tired after, but exhilarated too.
    I like all your goals. I should add something like it to my blog. Makes us so accountable.
    I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that you are loving the kickboxing......I am a huge fan too......wonderfully theraputic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you with the exercise !! Just be aware sometimes your body fights back you you will gain from doing so much, so please take your measurements as well, just so you dont get put off.

    The 5 km.. you will be ok, you can do, you can f you can run hills distance is easy as!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't feel bad, you sound fitter than me!!!

    thanks for the comment on my blog. you made me blush. i'm not used to wolf whistles. hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we BOTH make it into the 80's this week!
    You certainly deserve with all your hard work!
    Best wishes - Gae oxoxo

    ReplyDelete