Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes!

It really does!

Last night I planned everything I was going to eat today, and made sure all meals had protein (after the meeting last night I thought I would really focus on protein) and I used 23 points, with 1 to spare.

I had swimming lessons today, and asked for a skinny flat white, and got a latte. so there was my 1 point!

I had energy. I wasn't hungry. I have had my 24 points. I don't need more. I won't go over.

I had arranged with my WW friend to go to her house to the gym. I ran down and around the block and up a hill back to her house...unfortunately not quite my 25 minutes, but 18, not bad!  Then she wanted to go for a walk. So we walked the block, to the park and oval, around the elite area, back around the oval and park, up the hill to her house. We did 9000 steps in that time.
then I had to get home! AAARGH, that meant walk/jog and I was buggered!

But I told myself I would jog home, be home in time for dinner!

Up the hill and all! 13 minute jog. All up I was out for 1 hour and 40 minutes. In that time I did about 13500 steps! I have done 23000 for the whole day! 12 bonus points.

I am physically exhausted. My hamstrings are sore, my bum is sore! damn that hill.
But gee do I feel good!

Haven't got to planning tomorrow yet. Hard one as mum and dad are up for the night before they fly off somewhere...and dad is a real meat eater, and mum is a vegetarian. Mum always has really simple meals, just vegies and maybe a tin of tuna added to it (she still eats seafood). But to me, that just isn't right! That is a lunch, not a dinner! And I refuse to cook two different meals to satisfy people! One meal thank you! Especially on a work day! A busy work day!

So I could just cook fish. However, we only eat FRESH fish. Frozen stuff is horrid! Seafood snob here! And where we get our fish is too far away. Every time we try a different fish monger, they are never as good, so never want to go anywhere else.
I work tomorrow, have to do reports and stay back a bit. I will not have time to do anything!
Wednesday's are my worst day! Hate them. I feel so rushed on Wednesdays from the second I wake up. It is morning tea at school day, which is tough! yummy food. and I must be able to say no to it! Last week I couldn't, mmmm, mars bar slice! So I don't know what to cook for dinner tomorrow. I doubt I will have a lot of points left due to morning tea. But I must try!
I am thinking we all get different take out and I will go a Dominoes pizza. Liked it last time. That could be a go. Or I might go subway. hmmm decisions...i just want it simple! Not good on the week I am getting back on track!

GRRR!!!

Today was great though. And I need to be strong tomorrow. I can, I will...DO IT! :)

1 comment:

  1. You need to invest in a slow cooker for Wednesday's. You can prepare a meal in the morning and just let it cook all day. I was brave enough to a chook in the slow cooker the other week and it actually turned out really yummy.

    But good on you for all the exercise your manage to do. 23000 steps that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete