Friday, March 19, 2010

what is up with my sleep?

Well, another C25K down. Week 7, session 1. And the 25minute run was good. Not as asthmatic; possibly due to the weather being a bit more stable and my bum wasn't as sore. I really need to work my butt muscles. Some donkey kicks for me coming up! Oh dear!

I am still really really tired during the day. Even with me eating better and really concentrating on eating protein, I don't know why I am needing to nap every day (except work days). I take my DD out in the mornings to run her ragged and get her super exhausted so she will have her day nap (very worried she will drop it soon and she needs to realise she still needs it!) but I am not the one running around. I shouldn't need to nap as well. I should be able to go do all my housework, mark school work, do some exercise, anything...but nap! but all i do is sleep. normally i sleep for about an hour. so more then a nanna nap!

I get plenty of sleep at night, and I wake up fine. I am not over doing the exercise. Yesterday was 35 minutes. It was a jog, and my heart rate was at the ideal pace for a long run (not high like a cardio work out!). I eat plenty of red meat, plenty of everything really. I always make sure I eat from all the boxes in the WW journal and the right amount of each. I have never had iron deficiency before. How do you test if you are deficient in iron anyway, apart from a blood test? I can't see why I would develop now though. I still eat my red meat! Love it! I know carbs can make you sleepy, but I eat less then I used to. I would have previously had 2 sandwiches, now I will just have one, so two pieces of bread. Plenty of carbs for one meal.
It is very strange!

Because I am now awake, I should do the housework I was going to do when I was napping! Washing to be hung, floors to be mopped...oh and what is for dinner? Fish and... ???? That planning thing they keep going on about at WW, is a bloody good idea! Should get on that band wagon ALL the time...not just every now and then! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    I am finding myself very tired too. I'm also ata loss as to why because I should be feeling more energetic. I think one way you can tell if you might be iron defecient is to look at the colour of your gums - especiually under your bottom teeth. Apparently if they are pale you need more iron. They should be a dark pinky colour.

    ReplyDelete