Friday, March 5, 2010

C25K

After losing all mojo for exercise, WW, food and everything; last night I forced week 4 session 2 for C25K out of me! And I found it easy!!! :) The dog found it incredibly hard though.

So I was really glad I was able to do it. I was worried that I really had lost all my ability from not doing much in Bali. But then I have to be realistic: I did do lots in Bali. I think because I only did 2 workouts in the gym, so 2 days of specific exercise, I feel like I didn't do a lot. But if I added up the kms I walked in 5 days, it would be around 60km, and that would be under estimating. So I should give myself more credit!

Since I am babysitting (AAARGH - an 8 year old boy!) tomorrow night and Sunday morning, I probably wont get to the lake Sunday. So I decided to fit the 3rd session in for C25K. I didn't think I was going to complete it in the first 3 minute run. Really asthmatic. And my butt hurt; didn't stretch properly after last nights run! I then did the 5 minute one quite a bit easier, and then because I couldn't hear the podcast properly (turned down on me without me realising!), I ended up running the final 3 minute + 90sec recovery + 5 minute.
So now I know I can do that, week 5 is just begging for me! I didn't take the dog with me tonight, so maybe i went faster, although I know I deliberately increased my speed last night, stretched out my stride more. Was conscious of it!

I find just running straight easier then this interval stuff. I am hoping I haven't reduced my running ability by changing to this, and maybe I should not have started where I did. Maybe I should have started at week 5?! but I was hoping that doing it at week 3 (only once) and week 4 it would help with the cardiovascular system and maybe breathing would be easier!

Still struggling with the food, but I am tracking. I had a great breakfast, but I was surprised it didn't keep me full for long. normally it does and I had more then what I normally have when I eat that! So when I caught up with a friend after kindergym for coffee at McDonalds so the kids could play (we do this a lot, and all I ever have is a skinny flat white or 2), I just needed food! I am shocked that I couldn't get through! But then yesterday I didn't eat when I was again at McDonalds with the same friend for the same reason, and at lunch I just couldn't stop eating. I didn't stop eating all afternoon!

Today I was a lot more controlled!
I had a seared chicken wrap, can't remember what type. Worked out to be 6 points. So tracked and fitted into my points allowance. Apart from that, I haven't snacked at all, except one small banana , whereas yesterday I was snacking all arvo!

I have 1.5 points left so going to enjoy a glass of cab sav. Already had a Becks beer tonight, so good to still be able to fit them in to my points allowance! Just would have liked to have save 1 point?!
Never mind. I did earn 5.5 points in steps.

Gees, I have just reread and I am thinking I am being way too tough on myself! I have 1.5 points left, and I am going to enjoy a wine, but then wish i had 1 extra point to save. I could save 1.5 points, but I am going to enjoy a wine. to still have this opportunity, despite going to McDonalds and struggling as I have said, is really quite good. Extraordinary actually! I think because my heart isn't in it, and I still feel deflated, I just don't feel like I am succeeding, even though my points allowance and tracking and exercise say I am. It has to be not being weighed!

2 comments: